Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

+1 being new, I'd love a meet and greet. I was surprised to see on the map that most states around us have all kinds of Rally Points, but we are kind of a blank. We gotta fix it! :)

View attachment 171231
that's what I am saying I been tempted to go to some of the west Meet and greets just to meet some other members. I have been pushing my limit on doing things solo.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Not yet but I’ll make my way up there!
Table Mesa is a good starting point trail, there are so many trails the lead off of there. I spent a whole day last Thursday and didn't scratch the amount you can do. Two downsides no Camping due to Fire Risk and the trailhead and the shooting areas were trashed, I carried out large trashbags filled. It would be a good spot for trail guardian or some kind of clean up for us OB member here in AZ. I still recommend it. The pinkish line is what I did Thursday.

Attachments

Reactions: Flagtop

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Table Mesa is a good starting point trail, there are so many trails the lead off of there. I spent a whole day last Thursday and didn't scratch the amount you can do. Two downsides no Camping due to Fire Risk and the trailhead and the shooting areas were trashed, I carried out large trashbags filled. It would be a good spot for trail guardian or some kind of clean up for us OB member here in AZ. I still recommend it. The pinkish line is what I did Thursday.
Hello Brad, maybe we can set up a meet and greet and combine that with a clean-up for the area you mentioned. I have a mid-sized trailer that can haul a some trash bags. I wonder is that area Forrest Service or Bureau of Land Management (didn’t want to abbreviate the last one :) ) ? if yes maybe we can involve them and arrange a dumpster or something.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

its both and I think AZ land trust as well the area zig-zags across a few dept lines. yeah, I total up for that. I a newbie when it comes to Website but I thought there is enough of us to make some kind of difference. there are some areas by me in the west valley that have already been shut due to disrespect for the land.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
What areas around the Mogollon Rim does everyone like, searching the maps for a good weekend spot hopefully near some trout streams!
Chevlon Canyon, requires a hike,, more lakes than streams
You should check out 3 forks below big lake up in the White Mt’s area for decent stream, also the little Colorado near Greer.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Just got back from Crown King. Took the Crown King Rd to Crown King than Senator Hwy to Prescott. It was a fun easy drive with the family from door to door it was a little over 9hrs 6.5 hrs on the trail. We said next time we like to do camping vs heading back the same day. I really want to try the Back road to Crown King but don't want to do it solo rig. IMG_2209.jpeg

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Just got back from Crown King. Took the Crown King Rd to Crown King than Senator Hwy to Prescott. It was a fun easy drive with the family from door to door it was a little over 9hrs 6.5 hrs on the trail. We said next time we like to do camping vs heading back the same day. I really want to try the Back road to Crown King but don't want to do it solo rig. View attachment 172565
Maybe we could get some of the Az overlanders together for a drive, I have yet to make that run. Like you I have not wanted to do it solo. Thoughts?
Nice picture.

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Just got back from Crown King. Took the Crown King Rd to Crown King than Senator Hwy to Prescott. It was a fun easy drive with the family from door to door it was a little over 9hrs 6.5 hrs on the trail. We said next time we like to do camping vs heading back the same day. I really want to try the Back road to Crown King but don't want to do it solo rig. View attachment 172565
Maybe we could get some of the Az overlanders together for a drive, I have yet to make that run. Like you I have not wanted to do it solo. Thoughts?
Nice picture.
I am up for a group trip anytime. Been trying to find people to go out with!!!