Desert Dog

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Oliver
Welcome, we have been doing a monthly meetup in Gilbert. This month we will change the day because we normally do the forth Thursday of the month, but that is Thanksgiving. We are looking at the Tuesday of the same week. watch here for details.

We are also doing a Meet & Greet and Camp on Dec 7-8 at Usery Mountain Park in North East Mesa. I'll post details shortly.

Todd
Are you still planning on meeting at Rudy’s on Tuesday 11/26/19 at 6 PM.
Will

Desert Dog

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Oliver
I didn't get any replies if we should hold it this month at the Meetup site so I didn't book the room. I figured we would take off Nov and Dec and see if there is any interest in starting up again in January.

Todd
Ok sounds good.
If my schedule works out would it be alright to come Sunday morning for the meet and greet?

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Unfortunately, I have a conflict with the meetup this Saturday...since I've already paid to camp overnight, I'm happy to donate my spot to someone who can attend.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
How many people are driving up from the Tucson Area? Maybe we can drive up as a group. Heading up Saturday morning to the park.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Last weekend we had our first Meet, Greet & Camp. When Meg and I started planning this we had no idea if we would be out there with a few other people of we would fill up. The response was overwhelming. Josh from Overland AZ on FB setup a trail run that corresponded with the campout and had 32 rigs show up. Saturday afternoon/evening we had around 30 rigs setup to check out and talk to the owners. Some people couldn’t camp but still came out and setup for the day. Even with the rain by Sunday morning we still had 19 rigs. Even with the rain I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

We are chalking this up as a success. And are already looking at dates for the next one. We hope to have a date set in the next few weeks, we’ll start searching for a location after Christmas.

Todd

DharmaInitiativePhoenix

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Szopinski
Member #

Last weekend we had our first Meet, Greet & Camp. When Meg and I started planning this we had no idea if we would be out there with a few other people of we would fill up. The response was overwhelming. Josh from Overland AZ on FB setup a trail run that corresponded with the campout and had 32 rigs show up. Saturday afternoon/evening we had around 30 rigs setup to check out and talk to the owners. Some people couldn’t camp but still came out and setup for the day. Even with the rain by Sunday morning we still had 19 rigs. Even with the rain I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

We are chalking this up as a success. And are already looking at dates for the next one. We hope to have a date set in the next few weeks, we’ll start searching for a location after Christmas.

Todd
We had a blast! Thanks so much to you and Josh for coordinating the whole thing. We'll make the trail run next time!

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We are starting up with the Meet and Greet again in 2020. Details are here.

We are also going to try to setup another campout like we did in December (hopefully without the rain) before it gets too hot. Probably in March.

Question...Do you want it close to the Valley like last time or would you rather drive 2-3 hours? I was surprised how many people say they enjoyed camping at Usery park.

Todd

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
We are starting up with the Meet and Greet again in 2020. Details are here.

We are also going to try to setup another campout like we did in December (hopefully without the rain) before it gets too hot. Probably in March.

Question...Do you want it close to the Valley like last time or would you rather drive 2-3 hours? I was surprised how many people say they enjoyed camping at Usery park.

Todd
My vote is White Tanks Park. Never been out there. Hopefully I can make it on Thursday.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
FYI - Kevin, from Lifestyle Overland, is hosting a coffee and rigs event at 4 Silos Brewery this Saturday between 8am and 11am.

When: Saturday 1/11 8-11am
Where: 4 Silos Brewery
143 S Higley Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296

4 Silos is on Higley just south of Elliot. It's on the south side of the Bashas shopping plaza on the east side of Higley.

I will be bringing my Off Grid Trailer and FJ. I believe there will be a couple of Turtleback Trailers as well. Not sure who else is attending but the more the merrier . 4 Silos is a nice smaller mom and pop coffee, wine, and beer place.

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

Oh I’m definitely gonna try to make it to the 4 Silos event. It’s a bit hard to make it down to Gilbert during rush hour from north Phoenix for the normal meetup. [emoji854]

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
I was thinking we were going to have to miss the 4 Silos gathering since we're heading up the hill for a short outing this weekend, but we're on that side of town, so maybe we'll swing in, have some coffee, say hi to our prodigal son, and *then* get up the hill. Win win for everyone, eh? ;)

Reactions: 1Louder

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
The 4Silos event sounds cool, but I am helping to build a sleep platform for someone this weekend so no go for me...but have fun everyone.