Arizona Overlanders

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

We are looking at Saturday December 7 to Sunday the 8th. For the meet and camp at Usery Park. There are still details to work out and what the price would be but a ballpark number would be $15 per rig to camp and that includes a park pass. I would need a commitment of 12 rigs before I would book the campground. If you come out for Saturday afternoon/night it would be a $7 Park day fee. We would be in the primitive group camp. If we get closer to 20 to camp the price would be less.

Let me know what you think. Would you be interested is showing your rig?

Todd

Jeep jeeep

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
S
Sounds like a good plan, we would only be able to sneak out there for a day trip due to my rotating schedule. But why not, I firmly believe that "sleep is for rich people" the bewildered look and bags under my will attest to the fact that I am not rich by any measure. Even if I was the Jeep would quickly drive me back into poverty.

nomnot62

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bellah
Member #

We are looking at Saturday December 7 to Sunday the 8th. For the meet and camp at Usery Park. There are still details to work out and what the price would be but a ballpark number would be $15 per rig to camp and that includes a park pass. I would need a commitment of 12 rigs before I would book the campground. If you come out for Saturday afternoon/night it would be a $7 Park day fee. We would be in the primitive group camp. If we get closer to 20 to camp the price would be less.

Todd
Denise and I would be interested in the campout. There is nothing special at about our setup but anyone is more than welcome to look

nomnot62

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bellah
Member #

Can you share a link to your Cherry Creek recovery video? Thanks
I'm not finding a video but here are a couple of pics (I'm not sure now if anyone actually shot any video). The road gave way under him as he was moving through and this is the initial rigging to prevent the situation from potentially getting worse. The final set up involved side winching and the trucks in front pulling via extension line and snatch blocks up on the hill and the rest of us were able to navigate past this point after we got him out.

Attachments

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I am wanting to do the Desert Paradise 4x4 trail | A three-day adventure to Parker Arizona (Desert Paradise 4x4 trail | A three-day adventure to Parker Arizona) that was posted by Arizona Backcountry Explorers earlier this year. Not too difficult of a trail that starts in Wickenburg and ends in Parker that is almost 100% on dirt. Shooting for a late October or early November timeframe. I have not done this trail so this would be an exploration. I do not want to do it alone so am looking for some other rigs to go along. Please let me know if you are interested and what dates would work for you and if I get some interest will post. Thx. Brad

Hey we just did this trail this weekend. From Parker to Swansea is easy. We ended up going north from Swansea which is not a part of the track but joins is just south of the Bill Williams river. The river crossing is pretty deep on the opposite side. That of course can vary. There are a lot of moderate spots. One very off-camber spot on a steep hill, tons of pinstriping!, lots of washouts, and rough trail. With that said I did it with my new trailer in tow. It received a lot of pinstriping. But you can;t keep it new forever. You can no longer cross the northern end of Alamo lake. The water went way back. So we took the bypass around to the north. The trail will beat you up pretty good. Be sure to air down your tires!

It's a fun trail. If you are not experienced and don't have support vehicles I would not recommend doing it with a trailer solo.

I hope that info helps.

On a side not I purchased the AZ Peac trail book and it is really great. A portion of this route is also on the AZ Peace trail. For those that want explore this part of AZ I would recommend the book!

4XOA.jpg
Here she is after a well deserved wash. The black shower box on this side and kitchen box received the most pinstriping.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Just a quick shout out to all that helped create the AZ Peace Trail, its awesome. I have completed half of the eastern section in segments. Note that some sections are not trailer friendly and even to some degree some not friendly to anything skinnier than a side-byside (Pinstriping for miles)

I ordered the Atlas and it is a great book. I look forward to doing the western section this winter.

More info can be found here:

3A9CAB35-A7AE-48D5-913C-F1B630DC06E6.jpeg
17CC3B03-9CB5-43AC-85D4-88918150F25C.jpeg

Last edited:

DharmaInitiativePhoenix

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Szopinski
Member #

Todd
We are most likely in for this, but can't confirm for a few more weeks. We're trying to get one longer trip in somewhere during December and the dates might cross.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hi, all...new guy here from Gilbert, near Val Vista and Elliot.
Welcome, we have been doing a monthly meetup in Gilbert. This month we will change the day because we normally do the forth Thursday of the month, but that is Thanksgiving. We are looking at the Tuesday of the same week. watch here for details.

We are also doing a Meet & Greet and Camp on Dec 7-8 at Usery Mountain Park in North East Mesa. I'll post details shortly.

Todd

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Welcome, we have been doing a monthly meetup in Gilbert. This month we will change the day because we normally do the forth Thursday of the month, but that is Thanksgiving. We are looking at the Tuesday of the same week. watch here for details.

We are also doing a Meet & Greet and Camp on Dec 7-8 at Usery Mountain Park in North East Mesa. I'll post details shortly.

Todd
Hi Todd...I'll keep an eye out for the next meeting, and definitely count me in for 07/08Dec...I'll overnight as well, so just let me know where to send the fee.

Thanks!

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Has anyone done the Cherry Creek Trail in the past month or so? Looking to head that way soon, and curious the conditions, especially the Gold Creek washout section...

TIA!

nomnot62

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Arizona, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bellah
Member #

Has anyone done the Cherry Creek Trail in the past month or so? Looking to head that way soon, and curious the conditions, especially the Gold Creek washout section...

TIA!
Did a couple of weekends ago. Most of the road is very nice trail but a few areas got nasty with our Tundras. This one the road fell out from under his right rear. The others we just scraped several bumpers entering or exiting the wash areas. That little shelf road was interesting at the end of the day, makes a sharp right hand turn through the wash and then up a hill back to the road. Have not even looked at the GPS track yet to know the names of the problem areas but I would like to go again in the spring but won't do it without a trail buddy...just in case.Lyle's recovery3.jpgLyle's recovery5.jpgCherry Creek 10.19 (255).jpgCherry Creek 10.19 (337).jpg

Reactions: TailHook

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Did a couple of weekends ago. Most of the road is very nice trail but a few areas got nasty with our Tundras. This one the road fell out from under his right rear. The others we just scraped several bumpers entering or exiting the wash areas. That little shelf road was interesting at the end of the day, makes a sharp right hand turn through the wash and then up a hill back to the road. Have not even looked at the GPS track yet to know the names of the problem areas but I would like to go again in the spring but won't do it without a trail buddy...just in case.View attachment 125786View attachment 125787View attachment 125788View attachment 125789
Good to know...thanks!