Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
Last year a group of us completed sections 1 and 2 of the AZBDR. This year I started at section 2 and finished up at the end of section 5.
My daughter and I had a great time with some fellow Arizona Tacoma World enthusiasts on part of the Arizona Back Country Discovery Route.
Thank you all for making this a memorable weekend.
I've done it on the bike. Been meaning to get back out in the truck. Good reminder.

Phessor

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
I've done it on the bike. Been meaning to get back out in the truck. Good reminder.
The route past the Sierra Ancha area is completely blocking the road now. And it looks like a few floods went through and washed out the road beyond that. I had to take the eastern route to the 260.

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
The route past the Sierra Ancha area is completely blocking the road now. And it looks like a few floods went through and washed out the road beyond that. I had to take the eastern route to the 260.

I ran into a washout on Cherry Creek Rd a year and a half ago that caused us to have to turn back. Since then, another very trusted source said it was passable. I reckon it's back to being washed out?

Hagz & the Hounds

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hagedorn
Member #

Looking for some advice on spare tire mounted trash bags. I have been looking at getting the Trasharoo but have come across a handful of negative reviews, people have mentioned it tears easily, straps are cheap and break, and fads extremely fast.

Would love to hear if anyone has had similar problems or if anyone has come across a better product.

Looking for something to put on my rear mounted spare tire on my Jeep.

Cheers

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Looking for some advice on spare tire mounted trash bags. I have been looking at getting the Trasharoo but have come across a handful of negative reviews, people have mentioned it tears easily, straps are cheap and break, and fads extremely fast.

Would love to hear if anyone has had similar problems or if anyone has come across a better product.

Looking for something to put on my rear mounted spare tire on my Jeep.

Cheers
I think there are some dedicated threads on this outside of this one. Blue Ridge makes a couple of sizes, Tire Storage Bag XL

I would search the forums to find the other threads.

Trailjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

I live down by Tombstone. Planning on doing the AZBDR in May with my brother. I and a friend of mine will be taking Jeeps, my brother and several of his friends will be riding Dual Sport Bikes.
Matt from New Mexico is planning on driving his 4x4 Sprinter van.

We will be leaving on Sunday May 10th at the beginning of the BDR, and heading up to Overland Expo West. We have a slightly modified route itinerary for sections 2 and 4, but still plan on being up near Flagstaff around Wednesday evening. The itinerary is completely flexible to account for site seeing and breakdowns etc if there are any. (We hope Not!!)

We Plan on finishing up the northern end of the BDR on Sunday, depending on events at the Expo.

Looking forward to the run, and welcome any who are interested in going.