Arizona Overlanders

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I went a few years ago and it was probably 75% side by side stuff. There were some deals on things like LED's, straps. I would probably go if we didn't have out of town guest.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Looking for recommendations where to get a RTT rack built for my overland trailer.

Looking for cost effective options. Do not need any crazy fab work done.

Thanks

Foggy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Looking for recommendations where to get a RTT rack built for my overland trailer.

Thanks
One vote RPM Fab in Chandler. They were able to help out with a cargo cover I had made for my Jeep. Nothing crazy as far as fab work but they were able to do the bends and cuts much easier than I could.

IMG_1786.JPG

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

One vote RPM Fab in Chandler. They were able to help out with a cargo cover I had made for my Jeep. Nothing crazy as far as fab work but they were able to do the bends and cuts much easier than I could.

View attachment 86876
They're certainly great at what they do but it comes at a cost. I had them repair a motor mount years back and it was alsmot $400. Later talking about it with fellow offroarders I was told I got hosed on the price. Trying to avoid that exact situation lol

Reactions: Foggy

Foggy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

They're certainly great at what they do but it comes at a cost. I had them repair a motor mount years back and it was alsmot $400. Later talking about it with fellow offroarders I was told I got hosed on the price. Trying to avoid that exact situation lol
That is fair. Sorry to hear that. The enclosure they made for me was a few years ago as well. It was reasonably priced since I didn’t have the tools. I believe it was around 200.

Hopefully someone is available to help that is handy with a welder.

TheGrrrrr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
Thinking about running up to Crown King tomorrow via Bumblebee. Anybody know if the road is passable all the way up? Not sure how much snow they got up there.

Reactions: jeepdaze

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Thinking about running up to Crown King tomorrow via Bumblebee. Anybody know if the road is passable all the way up? Not sure how much snow they got up there.
The CK General Store posted on Facebook that they were going to end up close to two feet of snow by the end of the day. I would think the route through Bumblebee would be cleared by tomorrow. Isn't that the main route in and out?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
The CK General Store posted on Facebook that they were going to end up close to two feet of snow by the end of the day. I would think the route through Bumblebee would be cleared by tomorrow. Isn't that the main route in and out?
That us the front way up but I don’t know if they plow the graded road. There is a group going up tomorrow. What time were you planning on going up?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
That is fair. Sorry to hear that. The enclosure they made for me was a few years ago as well. It was reasonably priced since I didn’t have the tools. I believe it was around 200.

Hopefully someone is available to help that is handy with a welder.
They are way too expensive for what they make. Unfortunately People are crazy enough to pay the prices so they win. They had a end of year sale rear bumper 15% off. Front bumper was 10%. If you bought both bumpers you got 10% off - not additional just 10%.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

They are way too expensive for what they make. Unfortunately People are crazy enough to pay the prices so they win. They had a end of year sale rear bumper 15% off. Front bumper was 10%. If you bought both bumpers you got 10% off - not additional just 10%.
That's such an amazing Deal /s

They're right around the corner from my house, but the convenience is not worth it

Reactions: Graeman

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Got a drawing of what you are planning?
This is my trailer and the original idea I had.
Trailerack.png

After thinking about it more. I figured I might be able to simplify it by getting some steel tube bent into U shapes for each side of the trailer and then connecting them.

Obviously, I am missing out on a lucrative career doing CAD drawings haha

tubebent.jpg

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

This is my trailer and the original idea I had.
View attachment 87073

After thinking about it more. I figured I might be able to simplify it by getting some steel tube bent into U shapes for each side of the trailer and then connecting them.

Obviously, I am missing out on a lucrative career doing CAD drawings haha

View attachment 87135
I sent you a PM.

Reactions: brien and MoreGone

nmrwr85

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks
Bushong creations in glendale off 61st and Bell. Hes a good friend, cheapest labor around and has a full fab shop. You can google it, look it up on facebook, or send me a PM and ill give you the number.

Reactions: MoreGone

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
New member from Mesa, AZ, #14100. Been working on building my $500 1999 Ford E-350 4x4.. Finished 4x4 conversion and axle swaps (front and rear) late last year.

Now working on building out the interior and getting it outfitted for a 700 mile Arizona Strip overlanding trip later this year. You guys have probably seen me rolling around the east valley working the bugs out of my build. Looking forward to making some new friends here and joining in on some adventures (suitable for a full size rig). Also, I can weld and fabricate if anyone needs assistance in that respect.

Here's a couple photos from our expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon last month.
20190214_122335.jpg 20190218_111423.jpg

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

New member from Mesa, AZ, #14100. Been working on building my $500 1999 Ford E-350 4x4.. Finished 4x4 conversion and axle swaps (front and rear) late last year.

Now working on building out the interior and getting it outfitted for a 700 mile Arizona Strip overlanding trip later this year. You guys have probably seen me rolling around the east valley working the bugs out of my build. Looking forward to making some new friends here and joining in on some adventures (suitable for a full size rig). Also, I can weld and fabricate if anyone needs assistance in that respect.

Here's a couple photos from our expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon last month.
View attachment 87866 View attachment 87865
Awesome rig! I think the large 4x4 vans are an awesome platform for combining creature comforts and capabilities.

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
Awesome rig! I think the large 4x4 vans are an awesome platform for combining creature comforts and capabilities.
Thanks! That was the idea behind building this one. I previously had a very built up/SAS'd Nissan Pathfinder, but it was just too small for what we wanted to do. It went anywhere, but setting up camp became tedious and we wanted something that was more self contained. The beauty of an overland van is that you park it, open the door, and camp is done. We find it to be very comfortable so far!