New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
ooh, I like the idea of AZBDR/Expo combo!
If we start planning early, I bet we could make it happen. Need to decide if we are going to camp on site at the expo, how many days and how long to plan for the trip there/back.

Reactions: BrothadH2

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Let me know what you guys think of this area to meet up and camp at. 34.8049635, -112.8793391
I led a group of 13 vehicles through the area last weekend and I just loved it. Tall pines to camp in with trails that are for beginners. Not full-size friendly if you want to do the trails FS95a, b, or c. The camp area is good for any size including motorhomes. There are other trails to explore in the area including a mine.

Last edited:

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
Let me know what you guys think of this area to meet up and camp at. 34.8049635, -112.8793391
I lead a group of 13 vehicles through the area last weekend and I just loved it. Tall pines to camp in with trails that are for beginners. Not full-size friendly if you want to do the trails FS95a, b, or c. The camp area is good for any size including motorhomes. There are other trails to explore in the area including a mine.
There are plenty of trails throughout that area with lots of camping spots so it looks good.

Reactions: Graeman

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I was also thinking that this could be a great time to learn more about our Ham Radios - for those who have them. General talk how-to sessions with them could be very beneficial. What weekend is a good time for everyone to get together?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
We are planning a meet and greet Saturday Feb 16, in the east valley. This will be a morning meet up till when ever. I'm going to check if I can locate some dispersed camping spots if anyone wants to come out for Friday night.

More details to come.

Todd & Meg
What do you think of the coordinates that I posted for a weekend getaway? Would you like to make it an event on the calendar for the weekend that you have suggested? Or possibly the first weekend of Feb.?

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I went ahead and made an event for the first weekend in Feb. for an overnight or if you want to only stay for a day. I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone under the stars and camping in Arizona.

Reactions: jeepdaze

Irishnsk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
Member #

Hey Arizona overlanders! New member here. I’ve been in Az since 1977 . I’ve got an fj and a 99 4Runner . My buddy is member 8367 . We go out quite a bit so next time we head out I will drop a line in the forum!

Reactions: jeepdaze and brien

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

What do you think of the coordinates that I posted for a weekend getaway? Would you like to make it an event on the calendar for the weekend that you have suggested? Or possibly the first weekend of Feb.?
Sorry for the late reply, I was in California over the weekend. I see you set it up for the 1st weekend. That is great, I don't have time to get that far away right now. I'm still building my camper and that is most free time I have right now. I just wanted to get a local meet and greet set up before it gets too hot in the valley. The camping is for the people that drive out on Friday night and not have to leave at the crack of dawn to get there by 0900.

I've never been up in that area and would like check it out at some point.

Todd

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
This is for everyone in AZ, so it doesn’t have to be just the Phx area. You can come up for the day or make it an overnight trip. I just thought that it would be a better way to meet everyone by doing what we claim as our passion - Overlanding. Mall meets are so boring to me, as I would rather make time to hit the trails.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
This is for everyone in AZ, so it doesn’t have to be just the Phx area. You can come up for the day or make it an overnight trip. I just thought that it would be a better way to meet everyone by doing what we claim as our passion - Overlanding. Mall meets are so boring to me, as I would rather make time to hit the trails.
For anybody able to make it to @Graeman's meetup, here's the Rally Point, please RSVP: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/arizona-meetup-plus-overnight-adventure/

It's a bit too far north for us to make for a just a weekend overnight (at least 5 hours each way for us), but it sounds like fun!

@Todd & Meg were you still planning on scheduling a mid-February east valley event? If not, I can put something together for like Mammoth, AZ area in the Galiuro Wilderness. Maybe Rug Road/Carpet Hill or Sibley Mansion. There are some pretty neat ruins back in there and an absolute spider web of easy to moderate trails.

Reactions: AZBubs

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
For anybody able to make it to @Graeman's meetup, here's the Rally Point, please RSVP: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/arizona-meetup-plus-overnight-adventure/

It's a bit too far north for us to make for a just a weekend overnight (at least 5 hours each way for us), but it sounds like fun!

@Todd & Meg were you still planning on scheduling a mid-February east valley event? If not, I can put something together for like Mammoth, AZ area in the Galiuro Wilderness. Maybe Rug Road/Carpet Hill or Sibley Mansion. There are some pretty neat ruins back in there and an absolute spider web of easy to moderate trails.
I would like to join you when you go to rug road/carpet hill.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I was just trying to get something going. We were still planning on doing it but If other people want to do something different thats fine. So our meet and greet on Feb 16th is canceled.

Todd

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
We were still planning on doing it but If other people want to do something different thats fine. So our meet and greet on Feb 16th is canceled.
I'm still interested in attending your meet and greet! I was just saying that if you weren't still planning one i could put something together. Lemme know your plan, we were planning on heading up to wherever it will be on Friday the 15th still.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Sorry for the late reply, I was in California over the weekend. I see you set it up for the 1st weekend. That is great, I don't have time to get that far away right now. I'm still building my camper and that is most free time I have right now. I just wanted to get a local meet and greet set up before it gets too hot in the valley. The camping is for the people that drive out on Friday night and not have to leave at the crack of dawn to get there by 0900.

I've never been up in that area and would like check it out at some point.

Todd
Your profile says that you live in Mesa and you don't want to go because it is too far to travel? I'm so confused - the meet up is at 10am., the event is Sat & Sun, drive time is 3hrs at most from Phoenix. But, I understand some people have other things to do.
Is there anyone planning on being there Friday night? If so, I will come up on Friday to join you.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Your profile says that you live in Mesa and you don't want to go because it is too far to travel? I'm so confused - the meet up is at 10am., the event is Sat & Sun, drive time is 3hrs at most from Phoenix. But, I understand some people have other things to do.
Is there anyone planning on being there Friday night? If so, I will come up on Friday to join you.
Never said I don't want to go because it is too far. My wife works that Saturday and will have the Jeep is the main reason. I'm also building a teardrop and until that is done probably won't be doing any overnights. You also assumed the meet up I set up was in a mall parking lot which it wasn't. I really like the idea of meet and greets that would be local at a restaurant, or even a parking lot. Some people don't have the time to get out for an overnight trip. So just having a meet up after work gives people a chance to meet other Overlanders and maybe setup a trip that works for them. I was planning on setting up some parking lot meetups on weeknights once it stays lighter a little later. But if people don't want that I won't bother.

Todd

Reactions: Irishnsk

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I'm still interested in attending your meet and greet! I was just saying that if you weren't still planning one i could put something together. Lemme know your plan, we were planning on heading up to wherever it will be on Friday the 15th still.

Give me the weekend to see if I can work it out. I have an injury that may need surgery and should know more after an MRI.

The other problem is with the gov shut down I can't get a permit for the area I was planning to go.

I'm PM you.

Todd

Reactions: brien