Engine_24

Rank III

Contributor III

Buckeye, Arizona, USA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Moore
Any of you ever camp around strawberry and knoll lake? im planning a multi day multi camp trip hoping to take fr300 from the 87 to knoll lake and the other rim lakes.

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I've camped along FR300 a couple times and explored around Knoll Lake. That area is literally an endless grid of forest roads with beautiful scenery. Hundreds of places to camp!
Any of you ever camp around strawberry and knoll lake? im planning a multi day multi camp trip hoping to take fr300 from the 87 to knoll lake and the other rim lakes.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm starting to think about a trip in March when our kiddoes are out of school for spring break. Our spring break dates are March 15th through March 24th. If anybody else is interested in joining up for a trip somewhere in those dates, give a holler. I'm just gathering interest now, no solid plan. We will be heading on a quick Mexico three day adventure (Puerto Peñasco to Bahía Kino then back up to AZ) at the very beginning of March but then for spring break, I'd like to do something with a little more meat. Some ideas just to throw something out:
1) Another Mexico trip? (maybe down to San Carlos? or over to Baja?)
2) AZBDR?
3) El Camino?
4) Coordinate something with another state, like NM, for a group trip?

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
I'm starting to think about a trip in March when our kiddoes are out of school for spring break. Our spring break dates are March 15th through March 24th. If anybody else is interested in joining up for a trip somewhere in those dates, give a holler. I'm just gathering interest now, no solid plan. We will be heading on a quick Mexico three day adventure (Puerto Peñasco to Bahía Kino then back up to AZ) at the very beginning of March but then for spring break, I'd like to do something with a little more meat. Some ideas just to throw something out:
2) AZBDR?
3) El Camino?
Brien, we would like to join on a trip. I have not been to any of the places you have listed but would be game for any that would suit our experience (novice to intermediate) and vehicle (largely stock 4Runner - modest lift, rock sliders pulling a Turtleback).

Brad

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Brien, we would like to join on a trip. I have not been to any of the places you have listed but would be game for any that would suit our experience (novice to intermediate) and vehicle (largely stock 4Runner - modest lift, rock sliders pulling a Turtleback).

Brad
Great! We also tug a Turtleback so whatever route we end up on will definitely be trailer friendly.

stokescr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mohave Valley, Mohave County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

Hey Brian....I also pull a trailer. I have the Smittybilt Scout trailer. I did the El Camino Del Diablo and the Arizona Peace Trail in October pulling my trailer. I was on the trail for 10 days. Awesome trip. I have been looking at the AZBDR here recently and want to do it as soon as the weather gets warmer. I would be interested in joining your ride wherever you go!

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
We are planning a meet and greet Saturday Feb 16, in the east valley. This will be a morning meet up till when ever. I'm going to check if I can locate some dispersed camping spots if anyone wants to come out for Friday night.

More details to come.

Todd & Meg
Awesome! I should be able to make it up there with the family, we'd be interested in camping as well. When you get the details worked out, would you mind making a rally point event?

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

2) AZBDR?
3) El Camino?
Hey Brien the ideas you have sound good. I've been wanting to do AZBDR or a Baja trip for quite some time, just don't want to go solo.

I've been thinking of doing a Rim trip taking the whole FR300 from Srawberry to Showlow, this spring when it gets a little nicer up there.

@AstroOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

New River, AZ
First Name
Jestin
Last Name
Hashop
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DJL
I'd love to do the AZBDR

Toying with the idea of either doing the trail instead of the Expo, or making the Expo a few day stop in the middle of the trip... Nothing certain yet

Reactions: brien and samsara

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'd love to do the AZBDR

Toying with the idea of either doing the trail instead of the Expo, or making the Expo a few day stop in the middle of the trip... Nothing certain yet
ooh, I like the idea of AZBDR/Expo combo!