AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
is everyone running at least a CB for coms out on the trail so we can talk? i know cell phone is pretty iffy most of the time and once your back in the canyon it's zero.
CB is a good start. Perfect for group trail runs. Pretty much useless for anything else. Range is too short. However for those who like to do group trips with low cost of entry there is no reason not to have one. I have 2 hams, CB, and several HAM handhelds. Yeah I am nuts. A technician HAM license is not hard to get and opens up a world of other opportunities. Anyway, there are better threads for that discussion.

Sorry I missed the run. That is always a fun easy one. Just too much personally stuff going on at the moment with our house build. AZ Overlanders Meetup Group will get going again in the fall. Any of you are welcome to talk to me if you want to organize a run. I drove 1000 miles in 24 hours to pick up my new trailer.

I am thinking about a Montana Mountain run in November for AZ Overlanders. All depends on our "October" move-in date.

Reactions: jeepdaze

Down2Mob

Rank IV

Traveler I

Chandler, Arizona
Member #

Hey all! Just wanted to post up here as I have not been a very active member. Anyone got any runs planned this weekend? I need to get the adv trailer out somewhere epic for saturday night!

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

1505194802796.jpg 1505194802141.jpg 1505194802796.jpg Ok not a rant or a scolding. Its an adventure and a journey! They compliment each other at times. We're all here for that adventure and journey, to enjoy life.
Remember our outdoors and specially Arizona is a tough climate. It is not forgiving. Please don't go out alone. Please don't go unprepared. Please know your capabilities and limitations. Don't put your self in something that you'll regret and break your expensive investments or your life.
Im my job I see a lot of people whom hurt themselves with emotional decisions that have adverse out comes. People With good intentions and wishes do things but those things don't always end well. Don't do things that you'll have regrets.
We're a good community and will be here for each other. I'm glad to help out like many others here. Please Reach out, research and make sound decisions with out emotions.

Attachments

Reactions: PanthurBRZ

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

While we were out on our OB trail run this weekend we came upon a disabled vehicle on the trail and the entire group offered help and water while they waited for their family to arrive with a good spare. I was proud and honored to be with a group all understanding the dangers of being in the arizona desert. We offered water, communications, food and assistance with getting outfitted with a spare. All offers were declined as they had every thing handled. Best part was they were barely a mile from the gate to get out as well

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I am planning on attending the Cleator Jeep run tomorrow. Instructions say to meet at trail head south of Bumble Bee bridge.

I have no clue where this is. Does anyone know the area?

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Ron, do you know which direction they're running it? Cause if it's from Cleator down then there's a bridges just west off cleator. Otherwise the off ramp bridge from Bumble bee. There is a bridge from Sheeps Gulp also

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The Cleator run was insane. This was hard core off road. Got stuck in two feet of mud. Winch made quick work of that. Four jeeps were lost to mechanical damage. Other then the mud Monstro made it without any real problem. This paint from Lone Star 4x4 is insanely tough and worth every penny! We were on heavily treed trails that the jeeps had trouble getting through. I was sure that the paint would be destroyed. Got her home and she was covered in branch marks. Once we washed her, we found that the "marks" were from the branches getting damaged from the rough texture. She looks right out of the spray booth.

deep mud.jpg

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

I wanted to go on that run, but the meet up was full. Looks like a great adventure. I have a silverado 2500 and a suzuki samurai. I never know how bad the trail runs are to decide which vehicle to bring. The samurai sucks on the highway, the truck is to new for extreme.

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

If your Samurai has at least rear lockers, you should be OK. Your Silverado would have the same troubles I had. There is also a clearance issue. Unless you are lifted you will bottom out. I smacked my rear diff a couple times. I also tore up my nerf bars. Not concerned, that is what they are for.