Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Welcome! I'm at Recker and the Red Mountain Freeway, so not too far away. We we're thinking of driving up to Four Peaks this weekend for a nice easy cruise. If your looking for a quick little trip, I recommend Bulldog Canyon. You need a permit, but they're free and you can get it quickly online from the forest service. We are new to the Valley, so my son and I hit Bulldog just about every weekend since it's right around the corner.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: drwsctt and Kanobee

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

Welcome! I'm at Recker and the Red Mountain Freeway, so not too far away. We we're thinking of driving up to Four Peaks this weekend for a nice easy cruise. If your looking for a quick little trip, I recommend Bulldog Canyon. You need a permit, but they're free and you can get it quickly online from the forest service. We are new to the Valley, so my son and I hit Bulldog just about every weekend since it's right around the corner.

Nice I just did bulldog a week ago. Let me know when you are heading back out there I'll try to join you

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hey guys, I'm new here. I live in Seville (Higley & Riggs in Gilbert), just got a new Jeep, and would love to hit some trails.
Welcome! I'm down south in Tucson, but I hit the trails quite frequently. If you are ever down here and want to explore, let me know!

Reactions: drwsctt

drwsctt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ
Member #

Thanks guys. I would definitely be interested in tagging along on some trips. Also appreciate the advice - I've been looking at Four Peaks and Bulldog Canyon as well as Box Canyon near Florence.

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I've been wanting to do Box Canyon, but I'm not lifted yet, so I'd definitely want to do it with a group.

Reactions: Kanobee and drwsctt

SEAcruiser6186

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
DeWees
Member #

I'll be heading out to Bulldog Canyon this Saturday with a couple of friends if anyone wants to meet up. We are in stock tacoma's and a 4Runner but it sounds like it's not too extreme so we should be okay. Excited to get out and do a little exploring.

Reactions: Kanobee

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

@brien - want to plan a weekend trip in AZ in early November?

or... there will likely be a Mojave Road trip being planned for the 20th to 22nd of October

Reactions: brien

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

I'll be heading out to Bulldog Canyon this Saturday with a couple of friends if anyone wants to meet up. We are in stock tacoma's and a 4Runner but it sounds like it's not too extreme so we should be okay. Excited to get out and do a little exploring.
What time you thinking? i may have a pass i can use this weekend for a while :) lol

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

My son and I could be interested as well. We just moved into our new house last weekend, so we have a lot to do, but we could probably get a pass for a few hours!

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

Awesome! Right now we are planning on meeting at the trailhead at 1pm on Saturday. I can keep you guys updated if anything changes.
cool, i was thinking earlier while its cooler but i'm down for A/C wheeling as well :) we need to keep an eye on the weather as well. it flash floods in the canyons there and there are many crossing down low. which gate trailhead are you meeting?

Now gotta butter up the mrs. for my hall pass LOL

Reactions: SEAcruiser6186

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Awesome! Right now we are planning on meeting at the trailhead at 1pm on Saturday. I can keep you guys updated if anything changes.
When you say trailhead, do you mean the entrance off of Ellsworth/User Mtn Pass?

SEAcruiser6186

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
DeWees
Member #

I'm talking about the north gate to Bulldog Canyon OHV area off of Bush Hwy. Good call on the weather. We will definitely be keeping an eye on it. We just got our permits (took about an hour).

Reactions: jeepdaze

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I'm talking about the north gate to Bulldog Canyon OHV area off of Bush Hwy. Good call on the weather. We will definitely be keeping an eye on it. We just got our permits (took about an hour).
Great. I wasn't sure. You can go in through four different gates, so I wanted to make sure I knew which one you considered the trailhead.

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

Great. I wasn't sure. You can go in through four different gates, so I wanted to make sure I knew which one you considered the trailhead.

yes definitely good to know, i have only exited from there, i usually enter from Wolverine, the south gate and run FR10 north to the Bush HWY gate.

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

yes definitely good to know, i have only exited from there, i usually enter from Wolverine, the south gate and run FR10 north to the Bush HWY gate.
My favorite part is FR1356, which splits from 10 and takes you out to Apache Trail. The views are outstanding. The only part I haven't done yet is the split off that takes down the AA Mine.

SEAcruiser6186

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
DeWees
Member #

In all honesty I was just going off of what it said on the AZoffroad website. We can meet at a different gate if it's easier.

Kanobee

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Queen Creek, AZ
First Name
Leo
Last Name
G
Member #

My favorite part is FR1356, which splits from 10 and takes you out to Apache Trail. The views are outstanding. The only part I haven't done yet is the split off that takes down the AA Mine.

right on, i need to explore more out there as well and thinking when it cools off in the fall i want to take the family out there and see how camping is with my little one is. at least if it's not working out we can be home in no time. Also my brother wants to come out and try it too but worried since he's driving a 2wd pre-runner that he cant make it out there.