Scottsdale, AZ
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Geer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MIT
I should be able to make it down from Scottsdale. Can meet up wherever for convoy.

Reactions: brien

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Sorry if I am being daft, but what time is this?

9am in Tuscon, ends at noon in Tempe at A-Mountain? Or is the meetup time noon at A-Mountain for the non-convoyers?

I have a wedding to attend later that afternoon but would love to make it out.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
@MoreGone this is a parking lot meetup taking place between 9am and noon-ish in Tucson, AZ at Sentinel Peak, A.K.A. "A Mountain". There will be no event in Phoenix/Mesa. I assume all the convoys are people coordinating to drive down to Tucson.

If you are unable to attend due to the wedding schedule, don't fret, i'm going to try and plan these on a regular basis and they will likely move around the state, so you won't always have to drive down to Tucson.

Reactions: Todd & Meg

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

@MoreGone this is a parking lot meetup taking place between 9am and noon-ish in Tucson, AZ at Sentinel Peak, A.K.A. "A Mountain". There will be no event in Phoenix/Mesa. I assume all the convoys are people coordinating to drive down to Tucson.

If you are unable to attend due to the wedding schedule, don't fret, i'm going to try and plan these on a regular basis and they will likely move around the state, so you won't always have to drive down to Tucson.

LOL, I was doing some ASSuming. There is an A-Mountain in Tempe as well. I thought as a Tuscon guy you posted a pic of it when UofA had snuck up and painted the A.

Yeah, I am more than likely not going to make it. Hope you all have a good meetup!

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
LOL, I was doing some ASSuming. There is an A-Mountain in Tempe as well. I thought as a Tuscon guy you posted a pic of it when UofA had snuck up and painted the A.

Yeah, I am more than likely not going to make it. Hope you all have a good meetup!
LOL, hopefully we'll see ya at the next one!

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
People leaving the Valley to convoy want to meet in the REI parking lot off of I-10 and Ray? or something further south?

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
OK. Valley residents wanting to caravan: 0630-0700 @ REI Lot off of I-10 & Ray. On the Road @ 0700 (ish). Oct 20th

***Make sure to RSVP too so the host has a descent count***

@brien PM me if you would like some help with supplies.

Last edited:

DharmaInitiativePhoenix

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Szopinski
Member #

Howdy AZ members
We (my wife, our 11 yo daughter, and I in our Jeep - plus a friend flying solo in his Tacoma) are planning a trip to the Superstition Mountains area this weekend Fri-Sun. I'm working on planning a route today. My wife and I have backpacked out there but have never camped from our vehicle in the area. I think we want to stick to the east side where it's a bit greener and we can get into the elevation. Any suggestions? Anyone interested in joining us? Keeping an eye on the temps and the weather. Rainy day today in AZ!

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP
Howdy AZ members
We (my wife, our 11 yo daughter, and I in our Jeep - plus a friend flying solo in his Tacoma) are planning a trip to the Superstition Mountains area this weekend Fri-Sun. I'm working on planning a route today. My wife and I have backpacked out there but have never camped from our vehicle in the area. I think we want to stick to the east side where it's a bit greener and we can get into the elevation. Any suggestions? Anyone interested in joining us? Keeping an eye on the temps and the weather. Rainy day today in AZ!
Montana Mountain. You aren’t driving into any elevation on Superstition but montana mountain SE of there offers what you are looking for.

Reactions: Bryan Treguboff

DharmaInitiativePhoenix

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix AZ
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Szopinski
Member #

Montana Mountain. You aren’t driving into any elevation on Superstition but montana mountain SE of there offers what you are looking for.
Thank you. I was just looking in that area on a few maps. Any particular spots to camp that standout?