Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Provide report type: Feature
Provide platform: iOS 13.4.1
Provide Device Info: iPhone XS Max
Reproduction steps: N/A

Ideas: It’s nice to be able to click “New Posts” when using a browser. Is it possible to be able to pick the 3-4 items we’d like to pin to the menu; “New Posts”, Watched, Participated,...”, for example?

Reactions: MattLopez-OB

magnusbornes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Trondheim, Norway
First Name
Magnus
Last Name
B
Member #

Samsung S10e
Android 10, 4.14.113

Hi,

So I find minor bugs and UX issues all the time, so I figured I may just keep this one post, and edit it whenever I find something new. Some of them might be known, ignore those or message me so I can Strike-through mark them in blue.

Thanks,
Magnus.

Bugs:
General:
  • App asking me to become a member, when I already am.
  • No "Archive" option in messages.
  • Battery drainage: I've noticed that the app uses more battery than it probably should.
    I've attached 3 screenshots that shows:
    1. Battery usage of 13.1%.
    2. A notification that doesn't go away when app is in the background. Maybe this could be related?
    3. Last screenshot says even 14% battery usage.
      Skjermbilde 2020-04-11 kl. 05.23.07.png
Profile page:
  • "Edit profile" button creates an invisible layer on top of the app, disabling all buttons. The only thing I can do is scroll. To fix this I need to Force quit the app in the Android app info, then start it again. If I only quit it normally, the whole app is just a white solid when I open it again. Force quitting also works when app is all white.
  • "Update status" button crashes the app.
  • Cannot add cover photo. Top right camera symbol button does nothing.
  • App says I've been member since "18 Jan 1970".
  • I've got five black stars on my profile page. Can't be clicked on. Have no Idea what they are (rating ofc, but for what?), and if they actually means 0/5 stars (as they're black) or 5/5 (as there are 5 stars).
  • Links not clickable.

UX ideas:
General:
  • I want to be able to click on a username to open their profile.
  • On my S10E the app looks like in the attached screenshot. Something is strange on the top here. Also the menu button top right is kind of behind my front camera.
    media.jpg
  • Add an option menu when hold clicking a message with the options; Unread, Archive, Star and Delete.
  • Add "Are you sure you want to log out?" when clicking Log out in the right side menu.
  • Add a "recently posts you replied to/visited" section on either front page or on the forums page, or both.
  • Dark mode
Attachments in posts:
  • Option to zoom when opening the image.
  • Option to download image.
  • Add border or line around/on top of attachments in the post, so it's easier to see what's what.
  • Option to change name of attachment.
Profile page:
  • Add a function that pop ups a map when clicking on users location. With option to open further in other map apps.
  • Yellow ring around profile photo tricks me in to thinking there's an "Instagram story" to watch, lol.
  • Option to se big/full resolution profile photo on click.

EDIT: New points marked in green. Already reported marked in blue.

Last edited:

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Running Beta on Android (Kernel Version 4.9.186) on a Note 9. I love this so much more than the OBtalk already. Smooth scrolling through the forums.

When I click the message from Michael and try to comment, once the comment box opens and I click to type a message, the box closes instantly.
The second photo shows that if I click the comment bubble, from the thread thumbnail, I am then able to comment. Also had issue with "liking" the post. I was able to like 1 post and then another would immediately unlike the post, nonmayter how many times I'd click the thumbs up.

Attachments

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Found that when I click the top of my home screen and enter into where "Edit Profile" is located, It shows I have been a member since Jan. 18th, 1970, only a mere 18 years before I was born, that's pretty sweet!
Also, If I click the "edit profile" tab, it immediately closes the app.

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
IOS 13.4.1
IPhone 11 pro
1. Could not get the map or rally point icon to highlight so it can be selected.
2. Also says I’m a member since 1970.
3. Would not load some photos on the forums

A4BCF101-DFBF-4BEC-996D-4070536A11E4.png65B6073F-4603-4E32-A796-163F46DE0664.png6FE894A6-6923-4424-BA87-94C7D09093C6.png

Last edited:

Cobes0311

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mesa Arizona
First Name
Cobe
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Same here. Can’t get the rally to work, but seems to actually be working pretty smooth on my end.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Notifications
iOS 13.4.5 Developer
iPhone X
When I clicked on first tread in my notification list nothing happens.

When I looked at other notifications, other difference is beta app does not remember where Iast left off in the thread.

Attachments

Chingon_Grandpa

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Hello,
Unable to edit profile or update status. I get kicked out of the app. Im using a Samsung note 8 on the android operating system

Reactions: Liana Lehua

skircr115

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Culpeper, VA, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Cassity
Member #

Two bugs I've found this far while using the app. Operating on the OnePlus 5 with Android OS (see attached for kernel version)

The first it seems that when I type beyond the boundary of the text box on my screen the app tends to freeze (intermittently) and ask if I'd like to close or wait for the app to respond. For whatever reason my phone chose not to allow me to screenshot this happening. May just be a minor phone issue.

Secondly, when the app is closed or exited out of, it seems the GPS location is requested from the device and does not go away or turn off without forcibly closing (swiping from the recent apps) or quitting the application (as seen in the device notification bar). It natively requests it while the app is open constant, but I'm assuming this is in preparation for map functionality. It may be best to turn on only when posting location updates or having the map open as this would save battery life on devices, however I'm not an expert on the complexity of implementing that change. See attached as to the notification on the device while the app is closed.

Side note: I thoroughly enjoyed the load screen so much I screenshotted it and made it my background! If only I could get it landscape for my computer.

Attachments

jono

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Round Rock, TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Luce
Member #

Using IOS. When I Navigate to the home screen and click my icon picture. It takes me to my profile; however clicking the camera icon in the top right doesn’t work and when I click on edit profile, it crashes.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hello,
Unable to edit profile or update status. I get kicked out of the app. Im using a Samsung note 8 on the android operating system
Same issue here:

Provide report type: Bug
Provide platform: iOS 13.4.1
Provide Device Info: iPhone XS Max
Reproduction steps: Open app > tap my profile photo > tap “edit profile” or “update status”

Ideas: the app crashes when I tap both “edit profile” and “update status”. I have done a soft reset of my phone just in case. Same result.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

A feature for the Android version...would it be possible to allow the app to be relocated to the sdcard to save on board memory space...especially when the mapping comes online or at least allow storage of the mapping, data or offline mapping to the sdcard!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Report type: Bug
Platform: Android 9
Device: HTC U11

• No forums available under FEED section, but are available under BY CATEGORY section
    • In either section, the new thread button works
  • Within the hamburger menu -
    • Functions that work are: chat, messages, notifications, latest status updates
    • Functions that are greyed out and don't work are: who's online, support, my locations, map preferences, settings
  • Profile:
    • Most information is correct except:
      • Member since 18 Jan 1970
      • Posts, Followers, Following all say zero
      • None of the expand options work
      • Both Edit Profile & Update Status buttons crash the app
Screenshot_20200409-075623.png
Screenshot_20200409-075710.png
Screenshot_20200409-075505.png

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

Okay! Thanks for letting me know! If you have any more issues or questions you want me to check out, let me know!
I just watched the you tube video on the beta test filght for the overlanding app, dated April 8th. I downloaded the Overland Bound Talk App on my iphone and tried login that I have here. It didn't work. Wondering if I need to let it sit a while to let it upload on the main server? Thought it might be an overload of activity. I'm not very tec savy.
I also went to the forums section of this website and didn't see an area where I could apply for the beta test. Wondering if the 10,000 members have already been reached. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Stay healthy, stay save!

Commandalorian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson, MS, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Lofton
Member #

Bug, android, LG stylo 5, app crashes when you click on edit profile or update status after clicking on profile picture from home screen and then attempting to press either of the above mentioned buttons

RCooney

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Cooney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3OXS
Not a bug per se, but using an iPhone 7 with the iOS 13.3.1, the back arrow seems either " sticky" or unresponsive, causing me to tap it multiple times to move between the categories. Overall, strong start!

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Not a bug per se, but using an iPhone 7 with the iOS 13.3.1, the back arrow seems either " sticky" or unresponsive, causing me to tap it multiple times to move between the categories. Overall, strong start!
I’ve noticed the same on my iPhone X running 13.4 Beta

Thomas Fuller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

Bug
Android 10
Google Pixel 4
App crashes or freezes when trying to change banner or profile info

Opened app, chose my icon at the top
Selected "edit profile" app froze (X3 attempts)

Opened app, chose my icon at the top
Selected the camera icon top right corner
App either crashed, or nothing happened when selecting the camera icon.

Love this app already though!! Much easier to handle on a phone than the web platform

Thanks!

Reactions: MattLopez-OB
Status
Not open for further replies.