First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the Overland Bound, OB1 Beta Test Program

Please keep in mind this is Beta Software. This means it may be broken in some cases. This is expected. There some "Known Issues". If you leave a post and it does not get a response it probably means the post goes into the "Known Issue" category, and we appreciate your report.

Please provide any specific information about issues you find. You can do that right here in this thread.

Known Issue: No work has been done for tablets or landscape mode. It may work, but that's only by chance :)

When reporting bugs:

Provide report type: Bug, Feature, or Improvement.
Provide platform: iOS or Android
Provide Device Info: What are you using?
Reproduction steps: Let us know how to reproduce the issue.

Ideas: We want to know what is frustrating, unclear, or could be improved. Most importantly, what would make you use this app as your preferred forum, map, event app.

OB1 has now been opened up for broader distribution.

APPLE BUILD: ANDROID BUILD: May be downloaded here (option to install APKs must be enabled): Android Build

Thank you again, we appreciate the feedback!

- Michael and Team

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Great! If you have time, please let me know if any showstoppers you encounter!
Only show stopper in my 20 minutes of playing around in the app is when viewing a conversation I have been having since February I can’t get past the first page... there isn’t an option to go to the second page or even the 9th page... other normal threads can however navigate between pages. 99E2E968-19B5-408D-9293-E9308E6272A4.png176085F7-E010-4675-829D-38C0C26CE3B5.pngD96B2691-800D-4C03-939D-B154D5645C21.png

Reactions: Ubiety

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Only show stopper in my 20 minutes of playing around in the app is when viewing a conversation I have been having since February I can’t get past the first page... there isn’t an option to go to the second page or even the 9th page... other normal threads can however navigate between pages. View attachment 147470View attachment 147471View attachment 147472
Mike - so this is a conversation aka message? Can you give me any other ino, like length of first page, how many messages, etc?

Threads and conversations - though they look similar, are completely different - so this is likely a bug with long conversations.

Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Using app to post. Am able to repro @M Rose’s long message thread issue where he cannot get past first of many pages. Same thread Mike reported the issue on, it’s between he and I.

Kudos! Still having same rotation issue on iPad but app is now more usable. In previous versions when the screen would auto rotate into portrait the send button ended up off screen and there was no way to get it back. Typing this in portrait (not my preference) and can see the send button and will poke it in 3, 2, 1 ... ;)

Test edit post from app

Second post edit from app.

More kudos! The issue I reported in .53 where you could end up on an empty messages page of doom via filters or search appears to be fixed. Used to be easy to hit, now cannot repro. Woot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Probably known. I can not attach non image files to posts in the app. Attaching images works but I see no ui for attaching files and a copy/paste of the file does not cause the GPX to show up in my post.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Using app to post. Am able to repro @M Rose’s long message thread issue where he cannot get past first of many pages. Same thread Mike reported the issue on, it’s between he and I.

Kudos! Still having same rotation issue on iPad but app is now more usable. In previous versions when the screen would auto rotate into portrait the send button ended up off screen and there was no way to get it back. Typing this in portrait (not my preference) and can see the send button and will poke it in 3, 2, 1 ... ;)

Test edit post from app

Second post edit from app.

More kudos! The issue I reported in .53 where you could end up on an empty messages page of doom via filters or search appears to be fixed. Used to be easy to hit, now cannot repro. Woot!
Sounds good! We have done no work to support iPad so formatting is likely to be janky. We’ll address this in a future release. Thank you! We’ll address the convo bug!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Probably known. I can not attach non image files to posts in the app. Attaching images works but I see no ui for attaching files and a copy/paste of the file does not cause the GPX to show up in my post.
Great point. I know this is not yet supported.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Sounds good! We have done no work to support iPad so formatting is likely to be janky. We’ll address this in a future release. Thank you! We’ll address the convo bug!
iPad Pro 11, updated to iOS 13.4 between posts. The weirdness in portrait mode where the send button is off screen is back. Cannot say this is related to updated iOS or not; kinda sounds like it is not.

Notice my response typing has gone off screen and the send button is also off screen. Kind of like it is only partially in portrait.
1586114253064.jpeg

When I switch between pages of a long thread I get a momentary large gray box (top 2/3 of screen) with the "refresh spinny thing"(TM) in it. May be artifacts of the forced portrait orientation. It is very noticeable because it "flashes" and that draws the eyes.
1586114429310.jpeg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
iPad Pro 11, updated to iOS 13.4 between posts. The weirdness in portrait mode where the send button is off screen is back. Cannot say this is related to updated iOS or not; kinda sounds like it is not.

Notice my response typing has gone off screen and the send button is also off screen. Kind of like it is only partially in portrait.
View attachment 147614

When I switch between pages of a long thread I get a momentary large gray box (top 2/3 of screen) with the "refresh spinny thing"(TM) in it. May be artifacts of the forced portrait orientation. It is very noticeable because it "flashes" and that draws the eyes.
View attachment 147615
Understood - It is helpful for us to know, but again there is no support for iPads. The current app is for phones in portrait mode only, It kind of works on iPads, but there will be a number of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.