Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

iOS 13.4.1
When tapping on a photo and zooming, one cannot move around. One can only zoom towards the center of the photo.

No way to move around the photo once zoomed in...

Reactions: MattLopez-OB

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Looked at gear for sale, upon return back one page, sent me to top of page instead of what was previously viewing.

Gandered at my profile and got stuck(froze) , no back stepping or forward movement selections.

...so far so good, though.... awesome build, Devs!!

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Provide report type: Feature
Provide platform: Android
Provide Device Info: OnePlus 6T dual sim
Reproduction steps: Open the app the firs time, try to login with a password manager.

Description: The app for some reason does not work with lastpass on android, I managed to force it in lastpass by marking the app as a legacy app.

I don't think they integrated for password managers, but I can ask!

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Android
Pixel 4XL
Alpha 0.8.54
Suggestion
Would need nice if the app would return to your place in the page when exiting a post instead of returning to the top (beginning of page).
Scroll down a forum page, open a post, exit post to find yourself at the very beginning again.
We talked about this in our Dev meeting on Tuesday, and it's a known issue that there's no way to really do that I don't think.

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Testing out in iPad Air 2 iOS13.3.1
Posted at “Members Instagram ID”
App crashes when you click on the “first post”/“first page” directional arrow. It is reproducible.
Also, are we not able to post videos? I want to include a video of this but there is no option but pictures.
I'll see if I can reproduce this!

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

On a IOS device it’s a bit tricky to select the user name and password fields. Also when scrolling through posts the one under your finger gets lighter as if you are selecting it yet your not.
The username and password fields area are very small to tap, and you kind of have to get "lucky" when tapping it. I believe we're working on a fix!

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Looked at gear for sale, upon return back one page, sent me to top of page instead of what was previously viewing.

Gandered at my profile and got stuck(froze) , no back stepping or forward movement selections.

Android 10.0 on galaxy 9plus

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Provide report type: Feature
Provide platform: iOS 13.4.1
Provide Device Info: iPhone XS Max
Reproduction steps: N/A

Ideas: I’d love an option to login using my 1Password (v7.4.7) share sheet.
I asked Michael, and currently there's no Password Manager integration.

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Bug
Android 10
Google Pixel 4
App crashes or freezes when trying to change banner or profile info

Opened app, chose my icon at the top
Selected "edit profile" app froze (X3 attempts)

Opened app, chose my icon at the top
Selected the camera icon top right corner
App either crashed, or nothing happened when selecting the camera icon.

Love this app already though!! Much easier to handle on a phone than the web platform

Thanks!

This is a known issue that I've already reported about! We're looking to fix this!

Reactions: Thomas Fuller

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Thank you for this! The next build should fix the profile crashes, though you should be able to go back with the back arrow at the top of the screen. If you are using a tablet or landscape mode - some buttons will disappear. These modes are not yet supported. Thank you for the reports!

Reactions: rvrgrip

KHoltzen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hailey, ID, USA
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Holtzen
Member #

Only hiccup I have found is when the app is closed it shows it is trying to find location. This seems to be hard on the battery life. I assume it's related to the mapping part of the app being disabled.

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Samsung S10e
Android 10, 4.14.113

Hi,

So I find minor bugs and UX issues all the time, so I figured I may just keep this one post, and edit it whenever I find something new. Some of them might be known, ignore those or message me so I can Strike-through them.

Thanks,
Magnus.

Bugs:
General:
  • App asking me to become a member, when I already am.
  • No "Archive" option in messages.
Profile page:
  • "Edit profile" button creates an invisible layer on top of the app, disabling all buttons. The only thing I can do is scroll. To fix this I need to Force quit the app in the Android app info, then start it again. If I only quit it normally, the whole app is just a white solid when I open it again. Force quitting also works when app is all white.
  • "Update status" button crashes the app.
  • Cannot add cover photo. Top right camera symbol button does nothing.
  • App says I've been member since "18 Jan 1970".
  • I've got five black stars on my profile page. Can't be clicked on. Have no Idea what they are, and if they actually means 0/5 stars (as they're black) or 5/5 (as there are 5 stars).
  • Links not clickable.

UX ideas:
General:
  • I want to be able to click on a username to open their profile.
  • On my S10E the app looks like in the attached screenshot. Something is strange on the top here. Also the menu button top right is kind of behind my front camera.
  • Add an option menu when hold clicking a message with the options; Unread, Archive, Star and Delete.
  • Add "Are you sure you want to log out?" when clicking Log out in the right side menu.
  • Add a "recently posts you replied to/visited" section on either front page or on the forums page, or both.
Attachments in posts:
  • Option to zoom when opening the image.
  • Option to download image.
  • Add border or line around/on top of attachments in the post, so it's easier to see what's what.
  • Option to change name of attachment.
Profile page:
  • Add a function that pop ups a map when clicking on users location. With option to open further in other map apps.
  • Yellow ring around profile photo tricks me in to thinking there's an "Instagram story" to watch, lol.
  • Option to se big/full resolution profile photo on click.
Thanks for the very thorough report, Magnus! I'll go down the list and see if I can reproduce these!
- We are aware that the "Edit Profile" button is causing the app to crash. We're working on that!
- I was not aware of the "Update Status" bus, and I'll check that out!
- The cover photo is an issue I know about, but haven't reported, I will do that today!
- The "member since" issue is something I noticed, just haven't reported.
- The 5 black stars I believe are a rating, not sure about that one.
- I will also look into links not being clickable!

Reactions: magnusbornes

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

For the all the new beta users, welcome! I'm Matt, and I'm helping test out the app and submit bugs for Michael and the team! Let me know of more known issues, and I will make bug reports about them!

Also, we are aware that Maps and Rally Point cards are "greyed/grayed out", and that's for a future release! Anything that is "greyed/grayed out" is not accessible, and will be for a future release!

Status
Not open for further replies.