Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Mainly what I was interested in was what happens with lats/lons when embedded in a message (a la GPX viewer in the app). I had seen a lat/lon as a link in a Rally Point event and wondered if I could do the same in a forum post and what would happen in the app. Turns out that lats/lons in forum posts don't turn into links so no issue. Thanks!
Okay! Thanks for letting me know! If you have any more issues or questions you want me to check out, let me know!

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
In the messages area, my local group’s message is showing up appropriately, and has the correct time of the last note (22 days). However, when I touch/click on it, I only see replies down to the bottom of the first page (my reply is from 2019). Also, the up and down carrots in the upper right of the screen don’t respond with any action. I attached the web page screenshot of the forum to show the last reply from 22 days ago, and the app’s screenshots.

Attachments

Reactions: MattLopez-OB

MattLopez-OB

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

In the messages area, my local group’s message is showing up appropriately, and has the correct time of the last note (22 days). However, when I touch/click on it, I only see replies down to the bottom of the first page (my reply is from 2019). Also, the up and down carrots in the upper right of the screen don’t respond with any action. I attached the web page screenshot of the forum to show the last reply from 22 days ago, and the app’s screenshots.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into this!

Reactions: r2fasani

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

Provide report type: Feature
Provide platform: Android
Provide Device Info: OnePlus 6T dual sim
Reproduction steps: Open the app the firs time, try to login with a password manager.

Description: The app for some reason does not work with lastpass on android, I managed to force it in lastpass by marking the app as a legacy app.

Tater&SweetWheat

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4EEV
Just download Beta 0.8 for iOS. I’m super excited to test and get this thing out in the field after we’re all done sheltering in place! Initial impression is that it is not very intuitive but that’s less than 5 minutes of use and like mostly user error. I’ll give it some time and try to provide some actual constructive feedback. Thanks! Hope you’re all well.

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Android
Pixel 4XL
Alpha 0.8.54
Suggestion
Would need nice if the app would return to your place in the page when exiting a post instead of returning to the top (beginning of page).
Scroll down a forum page, open a post, exit post to find yourself at the very beginning again.

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

Provide report type: Bug (minor)
Provide Device Info: OnePlus 6T dual sim
Reproduction steps: Type a lower case L and a upper case i in the login screen and try to identify the difference

Description: Fonts used for the login screen make lower case "L" and a upper case "i" too similar. Here in this forum, l and I are different, the uppercase i is shorter.

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

got the email for beta app, downloaded the app through email, its asking for a invitation code?

williej346

Rank III
Launch Member

Steward I

Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

has the map and rally point been enabled? currently greyed out in android. I like the layout. Way easier than the web site on the phone. Would be nice to be able to access map and rally point from the hamburger menu rather than having to back all the way out.

AdvPass

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Burbank, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6FCS
Provide report type: Bug
Provide Device Info: Samsung Note 8
Reproduction steps: Password entry to login to the app won't allow the Paste function. My passwords are created in a password manager and are usually a random selection of characters that are very tricky to type on a phone. Without Paste, I have no way to get the password reliably entered. There is also no ability to view the password as typed, so I haven't been able to log in. I've tried a half dozen times with the password being rejected but I can't do anything to check if I'm typing it wrong.

Noli G

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

North Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Noli
Last Name
Gracilla
Member #

Testing out in iPad Air 2 iOS13.3.1
Posted at “Members Instagram ID”
App crashes when you click on the “first post”/“first page” directional arrow. It is reproducible.
Also, are we not able to post videos? I want to include a video of this but there is no option but pictures.

Last edited:

Unbound4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leander, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6UXD
On a IOS device it’s a bit tricky to select the user name and password fields. Also when scrolling through posts the one under your finger gets lighter as if you are selecting it yet your not.

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Not sure if anyone’s experienced this yet but older threads aren’t showing images.

iOS 13.3.1
iPhone X

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Also noticed that when I click on different members’ names or avatars, it brings me deeper into the thread instead of to their home page. Would love to be able to see more about the members when clicking there.

iOS 13.3.1
iPhone X

dannyboy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Winnberg
Member #

I’ve noticed in the last two builds that the locations services are on quite a bit. I limited the app to only have access while I’m using it, but the app seems to be trying or using it a lot anyway. I see the icon in the upper left on my iPhone X with iOS 13.4 almost constantly. Submitting just in case. Thank you.
Same observation here with location staying on when ‘only while using app’ is selected
2233EDE8-83DF-4F4D-A687-7325EA6E47A3.png
and then switching apps
B706B2E6-AD6A-464D-814C-38E71A2A8863.jpeg

iOS 13.3.1
iPhone 7+

keep up the fantastic work!

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Provide report type: Feature
Provide platform: iOS 13.4.1
Provide Device Info: iPhone XS Max
Reproduction steps: N/A

Ideas: I’d love an option to login using my 1Password (v7.4.7) share sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.