Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Installed, thanks!

Running Android 10 on a Pixel 3 XL two bugs noticed:
-Nothing under "My comnunity" is select-able.
-Posts with pictures, pictures don't load or app crashes when trying to load them
Crashes SHOULD be fixed in .37 build.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Installed.

First request for messages is the ability to view the message dialogue when relying. Similar to what you would see in iMessage or other chat software. If you forget a question that the person asked, the only way to refer to the message is to cancel what you’re writing.
Good suggestion.

Reactions: tijsk and Wilson123

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Fisrt post from app...
Two issues...
1. When replaying the first line and a half of text are off the top of the screen.
2. Alerts are in ascending order.

@Prerunner1982 (just testing)
Sorry to do this to you, but please update to v 0.8.37 and see it the issue persists.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael is there a refresh function in the Android version ?

I was reading the thread, posted a reply on the PC but could not find a way to refresh on the app, I had to close the topic and go back in.

Posting this from the app so I no longer have the issue with the keyboard hiding the text box.

The swipe gesture no longer crashes the app in posts with pictures.
There should be a refresh...pull down. If that does not work, please let me know!

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

There should be a refresh...pull down. If that does not work, please let me know!
The refresh pull down works on a list of topics and it is a good thing to have because those are sorted by date/time in descending order. But reading a topic is a different story, there is currently no refresh pulldown and I think it would no be a good thing to have it because the posts are sorted by date/time in ascending order so each time we want to refresh we would have to scroll all the way up to the page and then all the way down again.

Is there any such thing as a refresh pull up in mobile apps ? That would be the solution I think.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Ah! Same on iOS. Good suggestion!

The refresh pull down works on a list of topics and it is a good thing to have because those are sorted by date/time in descending order. But reading a topic is a different story, there is currently no refresh pulldown and I think it would no be a good thing to have it because the posts are sorted by date/time in ascending order so each time we want to refresh we would have to scroll all the way up to the page and then all the way down again.

Is there any such thing as a refresh pull up in mobile apps ? That would be the solution I think.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Ah! Same on iOS. Good suggestion!

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Oooooh. K. Thank you!
I thought maybe I can give you a few more details on this pictures bug.

The pictures don't show up in posts but their links are there. When I touch the area of a post where the picture should be, a picture viewer comes up. It is black with a loading animation that never stops.

A similar thing happens when trying to view by Category. Every category shows a white loading animation that never ends.

It looks like the problem is with loading the pictures, not displaying them.

Screenshot_20200128-154205.png

Reactions: Michael

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Here's 2 small suggestions for a future update.

In the top part of the home page where our name, rank and other stuff appears, it would be nice to have a small Bell icon when we have new notifications.

When reading a topic, the button to go to the last page takes us right to the end. The button for first page takes us to last post of that first page, wouldn't it be better if it went to the top of the page. Last page: end of topic, first page: beginning of topic.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

In the top part of the home page where our name, rank and other stuff appears, it would be nice to have a small Bell icon when we have new notifications.

When reading a topic, the button to go to the last page takes us right to the end. The button for first page takes us to last post of that first page, wouldn't it be better if it went to the top of the page. Last page: end of topic, first page: beginning of topic.
Two good suggestions!

Here is the design for new notifications. What do you think? If you have a new Message, Notification, Status Update, the hamburger menu will have a dot. When you open the menu, the specific item will have a dot. This is in the current sprint.

1580249585624.png

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Two good suggestions!

Here is the design for new notifications. What do you think? If you have a new Message, Notification, Status Update, the hamburger menu will have a dot. When you open the menu, the specific item will have a dot. This is in the current sprint.

View attachment 137608
I like the dot on the hamburger. It's better than what I had in mind

Reactions: dstock and Michael

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Agree..,want to be able to view text as typing it...Took snapshot as I typed word "Test" but it did not show as typing

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.