Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Hello all, for those considering Tioga Pass Hwy 120 over. The road during the day was awesome and mostly dry except for a few spots in areas that would be of concern when icy. Those considering be safe. As a side note the moon was quite bright last eve, and the temp was down to 24deg. See you all soon.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
ALABAMA HILLS information:
395 to Whitney Portal Rd, right turn on Movie Rd. While on asphalt, right turn at power lines, almost .02 mile, (also a white sign posted) go straight to intersection And left turn (orange cone in road) go straight towards a flashing red light. Arrive!!!
Camp GPS:
N 36° 36.097
W 118° 06. 864
(Thanks @fj80toyman. See you are here in spirit- or you're a stalker:flushed:)

Last edited:
Reactions: aearles

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

Hey guys. In Bakersfield. My lady friend says she is there but can't find you guys. Keep an eye out. She is driving a maroon Honda square things...can't remember the name. Her name is Christina

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey guys. In Bakersfield. My lady friend says she is there but can't find you guys. Keep an eye out. She is driving a maroon Honda square things...can't remember the name. Her name is Christina
You can give her my phone number. 310 9944679

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
ALABAMA HILLS information:
395 to Whitney Portal Rd, right turn on Movie Rd. While on asphalt, right turn at power lines (also a white sign posted) go to intersection And left turn (orange cone in road) go straight towards a flashing red light. Arrive!!!
Camp GPS:
N 36 36.097
W 118 06. 864
Nice spot. Make sure you put a "-" in front of that 118° or you'll end up somewhere in the mountains of China!

Enjoy fellas!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Leaving tomorrow around 1300 from Orange County.
@benchoochoo by the time you arrive, we will be deep into DV and definitely out of cell range and probably out of radio range. You can meet us at Warm Springs via Saline Valley Road which being solo is your safest route. You should google some maps and if you can, stop at the ranger station in Lone Pine.