Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Are there any directions to base camp or is there a map that we can put coordinates into to get directions? I have not used coordinates only before.
I see that the Google link I provided didn't work exactly like I intended. For future reference, you can try the navigate link on the main rally point page or paste these coordinates into Google maps and use your typical navigate features. Try this link and use your start button and see if it works for you:

Reactions: jeepers29

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas
Are there any directions to base camp or is there a map that we can put coordinates into to get directions? I have not used coordinates only before.
Open maps.google.com

In upper left box where it says "Search Google Maps" with the magnifier icon, paste the coordinates "38.84965, -106.04493"

Another cool feature on maps.google.com, you can right click any location and it will show coordinates in drop box. Then just click selection and it is copied to your clipboard.

Reactions: jeepers29

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I see that the Google link I provided didn't work exactly like I intended. For future reference, you can try the navigate link on the main rally point page or paste these coordinates into Google maps and use your typical navigate features. Try this link and use your start button and see if it works for you:
Does this link not take you directly to it?

ShapeShifter

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Parker, CO, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6VQL
Service Branch
U.S. Army veteran
As of today, my truck is still in the body shop awaiting a new hood that will still need to be painted as they repair the hail damage. It is not looking good for us getting up there...:worried:

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
As of today, my truck is still in the body shop awaiting a new hood that will still need to be painted as they repair the hail damage. It is not looking good for us getting up there...:worried:
Boo!

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

I’m still RSVP’d but will be tentative. My Tacoma is still on blocks waiting for my coil overs to come back from overhaul. I am also traveling all next week, so timing sucks having just gotten back from a trip yesterday. Will see if I can come up Friday evening and stay through Saturday evening or even Monday morning, but not sure and will be a last minute call.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Troy Laffey

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Laffey
Member #

I’m still RSVP’d but will be tentative. My Tacoma is still on blocks waiting for my coil overs to come back from overhaul. I am also traveling all next week, so timing sucks having just gotten back from a trip yesterday. Will see if I can come up Friday evening and stay through Saturday evening or even Monday morning, but not sure and will be a last minute call.
Didn't you get get a spare truck? :laughing:

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

No one NEEDS a hood! Worst case we can fashion one out of plywood ;) bummer about the body shop that really sucks

Reactions: ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Parker, CO, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6VQL
Service Branch
U.S. Army veteran
No one NEEDS a hood! Worst case we can fashion one out of plywood ;) bummer about the body shop that really sucks
Ford truck bodys are aluminum, but I didn't realize the hoods are made of unobtanium.

Reactions: Iridium

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Base camp has been secured. It is the location that we used every year except last. Here's a Google link to it, but it's also listed in the location tab of the rally point.

Google navigation may tell you that you've arrived when you're still actually out of sight. Continue on up the hill a bit until you break over a berm and level out, immediately turn left. Continue in and you should see us on the left in 100 feet or so.
I'm in a red avalanche.