Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Looking forward to this. I'll be coming off of a Maze District trip so this will be a good wind down on my way back home to the Front Range.
Excellent! We look forward to hearing about your trip.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

My wife and I will be coming. We will be in a 2014 Jeep wrangler, pulling a M416 with a RTT on in. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will be coming from Pagosa Springs, our summer hang out.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
No problem whatsoever.
Neal, is this trip something that I need to make reservations for or are we back country camping? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. Thanks, Joel
This will be free, dispersed camping. The four Mile travel management area has a great deal of such dispersed camping.

Our biggest concern is getting something big enough for all of us. Hopefully we can get somebody there early enough in the week to grab our spot. We have two different areas on the radar that we have used over the years.

Reactions: jeepers29

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

This will be free, dispersed camping. The four Mile travel management area has a great deal of such dispersed camping.

Our biggest concern is getting something big enough for all of us. Hopefully we can get somebody there early enough in the week to grab our spot. We have two different areas on the radar that we have used over the years.
Will you be sending dirwections to this place or can we find it on google?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Will you be sending dirwections to this place or can we find it on google?
I will certainly be updating it as time draws nearer. Just keep your eyes on this thread and if you're really interested in all the last minute chatter there's the telegram group.

I realize it seems like you're lacking details and you are probably correct. When Overland bound had regional directors and I was one of them, I did try to be a little bit more formal and solicit a lot of member support as I was trying to foster the OB community.

This year I'm doing it solely because of the appreciation members have expressed in the past and also to make new friends such as yourself. The majority of the people that are rsvp'd have done this before and kind of know what to expect.

If you want to learn about some of the trails in the area, have a look at trails offroad.com. the immediate area around camp will have a lot of easy fun lower elevation trails and then we have the option of the high elevation mountain passes which could still be snowed in this year. There are even some hardcore rock crawling tracks nearby as well. If you see anything particularly interesting, be sure to bring it up and if we aren't already we'll see about trying to work it in.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

I will certainly be updating it as time draws nearer. Just keep your eyes on this thread and if you're really interested in all the last minute chatter there's the telegram group.

I realize it seems like you're lacking details and you are probably correct. When Overland bound had regional directors and I was one of them, I did try to be a little bit more formal and solicit a lot of member support as I was trying to foster the OB community.

This year I'm doing it solely because of the appreciation members have expressed in the past and also to make new friends such as yourself. The majority of the people that are rsvp'd have done this before and kind of know what to expect.

If you want to learn about some of the trails in the area, have a look at trails offroad.com. the immediate area around camp will have a lot of easy fun lower elevation trails and then we have the option of the high elevation mountain passes which could still be snowed in this year. There are even some hardcore rock crawling tracks nearby as well. If you see anything particularly interesting, be sure to bring it up and if we aren't already we'll see about trying to work it in.
Thank you Neal. Looking forward to this trip.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Ok so I've been Chatting with Marcus from CORE and will be in touch with him as we get closer to JuneJam . That said there may be a possibility that we would be able to assist with opening the Miners Loop (hancock and tincup) depending on how deep the snow is. This would entail a decent amount of shoveling to clear the trail and make it passable. I am posting a link to gauge interest and see if this would be feasible with our group.

There is always the possibility that the trails will be too much to clear in which case we will run other trails or take advantage of other opportunities. There is no expectation or pressure to participate in the trail clearing/opening.

Please either let me know here or in Private Messages if this is something that would interest you.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Ok so I've been Chatting with Marcus from CORE and will be in touch with him as we get closer to JuneJam . That said there may be a possibility that we would be able to assist with opening the Miners Loop (hancock and tincup) depending on how deep the snow is. This would entail a decent amount of shoveling to clear the trail and make it passable. I am posting a link to gauge interest and see if this would be feasible with our group.

There is always the possibility that the trails will be too much to clear in which case we will run other trails or take advantage of other opportunities. There is no expectation or pressure to participate in the trail clearing/opening.

Please either let me know here or in Private Messages if this is something that would interest you.
Thanks so much for spearheading this, Aleem!

CORE is an amazing organization and we should support them at every opportunity.

We will view this as one of the trail run options for those that are interested in helping. Otherwise, I will remain available Trail guide for alternate destinations.

The work that is being discussed with CORE could be it about 10,000 ft. Keep that in mind if you're coming from lower elevation.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sadly the wife and are going to have to bow out this year. Hope you guys have a great time and the weather is in your favor. Look forward to seeing everyone next year if not sooner.
You'll both be sorely missed, but under the circumstances it's understandable. Hope you find a new truck soon.

Reactions: Wandering Wanda

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
You'll both be sorely missed, but under the circumstances it's understandable. Hope you find a new truck soon.
Any new details on this trip?
Many of the main details are unable to be nailed down until the last minute.

This has been an exceptional winter so many of the high elevation trails will be late to open and we won't know until the last minute what's available.

We're unable to post a definite base camp location until the earlier arrivals get there and secure it. I'll try to get the candidate locations posted soon.

I'm assuming with all the seasonal moisture that there won't be a fire ban, but that's another thing we need to check as the day draws closer.

If there are any particular details that you're looking for, don't hesitate to ask. Admittedly, there are a number of things that are taken for granted by the usual offenders.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

This has been an exceptional winter so many of the high elevation trails will be late to open and we won't know until the last minute what's available.

We're unable to post a definite base camp location until the earlier arrivals get there and secure it. I'll try to get the candidate locations posted soon.

I'm assuming with all the seasonal moisture that there won't be a fire ban, but that's another thing we need to check as the day draws closer.

If there are any particular details that you're looking for, don't hesitate to ask. Admittedly, there are a number of things that are taken for granted by the usual offenders.
My only concern is meet up point and time? I assume time will vary by each person/s. I see that you stated the site will not be know until last minute, but is there a place for a general meet up? I hope to become a usual offender, lol Thanks Niel

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

My only concern is meet up point and time? I assume time will vary by each person/s. I see that you stated the site will not be know until last minute, but is there a place for a general meet up? I hope to become a usual offender, lol Thanks Niel
You're correct in that people will be arriving at different times so what seems to work best is just having base camp be the Meetup location.

We have ideas of those who arrive the earliest so we make sure they know the plan and convey to the group what gets nailed down.

In the past few years we were lucky enough to have some early birds arrive on like Tuesday which made this process easier. I'm not sure if that'll be the case this year so we may not be able to grab our spot till like Thursday.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
The link to our primary targeted base camp is below. Hopefully our primary determination will have been made by Thursday AM.

Anyone arriving Wednesday or earlier, please make sure I know this and have all your contact information so we can work together to secure the campsite.

Again, the site below is our intended location, but this can change. It should be nailed down by Thursday. Be sure you follow this thread.

38.84965, -106.04493

Reactions: digitalhobbit