#5972; checking in from Portland - hello!

• HTML tutorial

kevinpdx

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR
Member #

Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of the community finally. I call Portland Oregon, here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest my home. Looking forward to meeting some awesome people, learning, and getting outside to explore. I don't have a super luxurious or large rig but my lifted 2002 Forester treats me well and gets me where I need to go. As my adventures grow, so will the rig.

Currently on a 2" Strut top/Trailing arm spacer from Anderson Design & Fabrication, running some Nokian Rotiiva AT 215/65/16 -- really nothing special.

Can't wait to see you guys on the trail!

Attachments

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Nice. Ever been out to the Table Rock area? It's kind of my go-to zone when I want to get out. Or out of Scotts Mills, run up Crooked Finger. Spent a lot of time up in there, too.

kevinpdx

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR
Member #

Nice. Ever been out to the Table Rock area? It's kind of my go-to zone when I want to get out. Or out of Scotts Mills, run up Crooked Finger. Spent a lot of time up in there, too.
Thanks for the tips - I will for sure check out table rock this summer. I've heard great things about It up there. Love crooked finger rd though; my father in law has been going to Abiqua Falls since he was a little kid. Shame it's getting overrun by transplants - but that area is amazing! Is there much Overland Bound action/members out here in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest?

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I only just discovered Abiqua Falls last summer. Gorgeous. Went during the week while I was on vacation, had the place to myself for about 2 hours.

Have you had a chance to check out the map yet? Quite a few in PNW. Many in Oregon seem to be congregated in Portland.

kevinpdx

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR
Member #

I only just discovered Abiqua Falls last summer. Gorgeous. Went during the week while I was on vacation, had the place to myself for about 2 hours.

Have you had a chance to check out the map yet? Quite a few in PNW. Many in Oregon seem to be congregated in Portland.
They have told me stories of the days when there was no signs or people. My father in law use to bike from Salem to the family property and then bike all the way to Abiqua falls on the logging road. Now it's a maze of logging roads and private property.

Unfortunately I am waiting for my account to be confirmed - I don't yet have access to the map. I see a lot of overland bound events in California - obviously because they are based from there... but wasn't sure if there is much activity up here. I'll continue to scope the map out, hopefully in the coming days I will have access.