Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

Switched from Falcons to Bilsteins 6112's. I Will be switching the rears to 5160s soon but for now, running the Falcon rear shocks as well. I also added in the Total Chaos Fabrication uni-ball upper control arms. So far way better than the previous setup. A lot like the stock setup, the Falcons rode pretty stiff.

I'm on the highest setting on the Bilstein. and haven't had any issues. A bit of rubbing with the 35s but might be able to solve it with an alignment adjustment.

DSC01775.jpg

Reactions: Mekcanix and Hulk

Hulk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB
First Name
Al
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Love you build progress. After lots of research and digging I ended up ordering same Bilstein setup too. Heard nothing but good about them. Can’t wait to install them.

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Curious, what sort of MPGs are you getting on the trail when fully loaded up and in 4 wheel drive? I'm also in CA, so we're probably on similar trails time to time. And have you had any issues with the latest generation of ecodiesel or any other issues? Definitely looking at this truck for a lot of the same reasons you went with it.

roaminglost

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

Curious, what sort of MPGs are you getting on the trail when fully loaded up and in 4 wheel drive? I'm also in CA, so we're probably on similar trails time to time. And have you had any issues with the latest generation of ecodiesel or any other issues? Definitely looking at this truck for a lot of the same reasons you went with it.
i get normally 17 city sometimes 18
19 average city / highway
20+high way in perfection conditions

0 issues the motor has been awesome!

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Are u getting at least 14-15 on most overland trips (dirt only) with your Super apacific and goosegear setup?

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

I think I'm going there have to get one... I was getting 7.5 mpg in my land cruiser 200 in the southern section of anza borrego a few weeks ago, albeit, running around 12 psi, but still. If only we could get Toyota's v8 twin turbo diesel stateside...

The only things Ng that concerns me is the itialian design/ made EcoDiesel engine, especially since the gen 3 only came to market in the 2020 models. It's a bummer Cummins doesn't make a comparable 3 liter diesel.

dbwalsh

Rank 0

Traveler I

Park City, UT, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Walsh
Member #