Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Look into RPGs pre runner bumper. Baja style but cheaper than ADD and still winch capable. I like the look after the add a leaf! What size tire and how much do you have the stage 2 set to? I installed my stage 2 a couple weekend back and waiting to get new tires/wheels to final adjust them.
Thanks! I’m running 285-70/17 and the fronts are set at 2.5”.
I actually spoke to RPG today; pricing is extremely misleading. The price listed online is for a bare tube bumper. The bumper as listed online with the “fill plates”, fog light cut outs, and winch mount (no winch, just the mounting bracket to be able to add a winch), brings the bumper to a cost of $2439 (I have an actual invoice from them stating that cost). That’s with no lights or anything. So more than the ADD so there’s no way I’d pick that one. At the $1400 price listed online, I’d for sure pick up the RPG. So I’m left with these two options ATM.

Reactions: WalkerTexasRanger

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

To expand on the add-a-leaf, I wanted to put some rake back in the stance and add some stiffness to the rear. With a bed rack, RTT, fridge, drawers, battery, gear, etc. I didn’t want to end up nose high or have a mushy rear end.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Wow I didn’t know that about the RPG. Good to know, that was the bumper I was planning on getting. Try calling Stage 3 Motorsports and ask for Shawn. He was able to get me the Stage 2 for a good price and said he could do the same for the RPG. Doesn’t hurt to get a second price option if it’s possibly cheaper. As far as add a leaf please let us know how it holds up to the weight! I’m thinking about adding one for the same reasons. Picking up my Go Fast Camper soon and wanted to offset the weight from it and other stuff since it’ll be on the truck at all times. Tire wise I’m picking up 285/70R17 Wildpeaks so it’s nice to see the same size for comparison photos. Stilling deciding on wheels. Thinking Icon Rebounds or Fifteen52 Traverse HDs.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Wow I didn’t know that about the RPG. Good to know, that was the bumper I was planning on getting. Try calling Stage 3 Motorsports and ask for Shawn. He was able to get me the Stage 2 for a good price and said he could do the same for the RPG. Doesn’t hurt to get a second price option if it’s possibly cheaper. As far as add a leaf please let us know how it holds up to the weight! I’m thinking about adding one for the same reasons. Picking up my Go Fast Camper soon and wanted to offset the weight from it and other stuff since it’ll be on the truck at all times. Tire wise I’m picking up 285/70R17 Wildpeaks so it’s nice to see the same size for comparison photos. Stilling deciding on wheels. Thinking Icon Rebounds or Fifteen52 Traverse HDs.
Nice, I’ll give him a call tomorrow and also ask him what he can do on these other two bumpers. I also have an email out to RCI to see if they have anything in the works as I love the look of their stuff.
Wheels were a tough choice for me as I didn’t want 0 offset. Ended up with these Fuel Shoks since they had a +20 et option and I’m really happy with the fit and spindle clearance.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Nice, I’ll give him a call tomorrow and also ask him what he can do on these other two bumpers. I also have an email out to RCI to see if they have anything in the works as I love the look of their stuff.
Wheels were a tough choice for me as I didn’t want 0 offset. Ended up with these Fuel Shoks since they had a +20 et option and I’m really happy with the fit and spindle clearance.
Great to hear! I reached out to CBI and they don’t have anything in the works sadly. Relentless Fab has made a front bumper (only 1 I know of) and a couple rear tire swing out rear bumpers. Trying to get them to make another rear for my Ranger. The Icons have 25mm and Traverse HDs are similar. Just want to be sure a good fit with the Stage 2 and no rub.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Great to hear! I reached out to CBI and they don’t have anything in the works sadly. Relentless Fab has made a front bumper (only 1 I know of) and a couple rear tire swing out rear bumpers. Trying to get them to make another rear for my Ranger. The Icons have 25mm and Traverse HDs are similar. Just want to be sure a good fit with the Stage 2 and no rub.
At 25mm and 33’s, you shouldn’t have any rubbing assuming you intend to remove the crash bars (which you will have to for sure). I have zero rubbing on mine.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

At 25mm and 33’s, you shouldn’t have any rubbing assuming you intend to remove the crash bars (which you will have to for sure). I have zero rubbing on mine.
I’ll remove the crash bars or maybe try the Fab tech angled crash bars. I’m more worried about rubbing on the UCA with a 12 inch wide tire. I’m not too well versed in offset/backspacing so I do not know how well it’ll fit. I don’t want to use spacers.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Here is info about leaf springs setting up you springs.
This is more info than you need, check it out:

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

You added, add a leafs. There are better solutions than a add a leaf, I know as I have used most of them. Progressive leafs are much better option as you move on. I have used add a leafs, bags. and progressive. I'll be using progressive from here on out.

Last edited:

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

You added, add a leafs. There are better solutions than a add a leaf, I know as I have used most of them. Progressive leafs are much better option as you move on. I have used add a leafs, bags. and progressive. I'll be using progressive from here on out.
Ah, I see now, thanks for looking out. However, having a brand new model vehicle limits the aftermarket options that are available. Currently, add a leaf IS the best solution as the only alternative is a block. Icon is currently working on a progressive solution but it’ll be a while before it releases.

Reactions: JCWages
T

TD Bauer

Nice rig! I'm looking to get into a Ford Ranger when my Jeep lease is up.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Ah, I see now, thanks for looking out. However, having a brand new model vehicle limits the aftermarket options that are available. Currently, add a leaf IS the best solution as the only alternative is a block. Icon is currently working on a progressive solution but it’ll be a while before it releases.
That's where we were with the GM Twins up until this year when OME/ARB came out with a full leaf pack. Deaver could make a custom pack but reports on their customer service made most of us avoid them and just use an AAL until someone like OME or Icon released a product for us.

Reactions: RJCanyon

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

That's where we were with the GM Twins up until this year when OME/ARB came out with a full leaf pack. Deaver could make a custom pack but reports on their customer service made most of us avoid them and just use an AAL until someone like OME or Icon released a product for us.
Very cool. I'm actually quite happy with the AAL from AutoAprings. It improved rear end feel and gave me the rake that I wanted.