Trigger 4 plus 12v controller
Truxedo pro x10 bed cover
BDTrims tailgate letters
LineX bed liner
12v adapter installed in bed
Swing case on passenger side of bed with compressor and fire extinguisher
Max liner floor mats
Vinyl wrap on hood and roof

Hey folks, I'm brand new to the forum. I've been a hiker/backpacker for a long time but deciding to get into overlanding. I just got my new Ranger three weeks ago and am finally getting started. It will take a while but here are my immediate plans:

Custom bed rack. This will be similar in design to RCI but I'm having it fabricated out of 1"x3" rectangle aluminum tube,all welded. The metal just came in today and will be at the fabrication shop tomorrow.
Mounted to the rack will just be some simple items to start. A pair of MaxTrax and likely two 2-gallon fuelpax.

I have put in a preorder for the iKamper X-Cover but they don't expect to ship until May-June.

Lastly, I'll be putting on the Icon stage 2 suspension kit. Eventually I may do new ties but I'm going to ride on the stock ones for now so I can get my money's worth out of them. Anyways, that it for now!

Obligatory photo of my new baby...

Ranger.jpg

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey folks, I'm brand new to the forum. I've been a hiker/backpacker for a long time but deciding to get into overlanding. I just got my new Ranger three weeks ago and am finally getting started. It will take a while but here are my immediate plans:

Custom bed rack. This will be similar in design to RCI but I'm having it fabricated out of 1"x3" rectangle aluminum tube,all welded. The metal just came in today and will be at the fabrication shop tomorrow.
Mounted to the rack will just be some simple items to start. A pair of MaxTrax and likely two 2-gallon fuelpax.

I have put in a preorder for the iKamper X-Cover but they don't expect to ship until May-June.

Lastly, I'll be putting on the Icon stage 2 suspension kit. Eventually I may do new ties but I'm going to ride on the stock ones for now so I can get my money's worth out of them. Anyways, that it for now!

Obligatory photo of my new baby...

View attachment 85720
Good looking truck....can't wait to see the new rack. Always a sucker for a nice rack.

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Great looking Ranger, cant wait to see your mods.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Good looking truck. Had a Ranger back in the mid to late 80s. Hard to believe how much the Ranger has "grown" since then. Looks like a full sized truck, back in the day. :-)

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

B54C06A7-644F-4625-BDB6-52AD877C260B.jpeg 9B7A85A6-C3FC-46D5-8FBE-418B0FE5CACE.jpeg Thanks guys. Got the aluminum today so I’m really excited to get this thing rolling. Three vertical/cross bars like RCI except made with 1x3 6061 tubing. Single perpendicular top member with 1x2 and 1x2s along the sides where the mounting plate would normally be. It’ll be stronger and I can still mount plenty with the 1x2.

And of course it will be powder coated black when the welding is done.

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
Great looking truck! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

My only suggestion is take your time and do it the way that is right for you. Do it once and do it right.

And… subscribed!

Crusty Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashua, New Hampshire
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Levesque
Member #

Still a beauty! My first vehicle was a ‘94 Ranger splash. Five speed manual and posi-track. I loved that truck. My dad just retired from Ford last year so we love our Fords.
Thank you! Part of me wishes mine was older so It would be the solid front axle lol torsion bars are terrible. How’s the 2019 holding up to the hype?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Thank you! Part of me wishes mine was older so It would be the solid front axle lol torsion bars are terrible. How’s the 2019 holding up to the hype?
I’m absolutely loving the truck. Only issue I’ve had is a blown speaker which I’m still waiting for a replacement on. Otherwise it’s extremely well engineered IMO.

Reactions: Crusty Overland

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Nice! Haha you already blew a speaker?
Lol well I don’t THINK I blew it but who knows. I’m pretty sure it’s a defect as F150s with the same sound system (b&o) have tons of the same report. I mean I was listening to some SRV Little Wing on half volume so I would hope they can take more than that!

Crusty Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashua, New Hampshire
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Levesque
Member #

Lol well I don’t THINK I blew it but who knows. I’m pretty sure it’s a defect as F150s with the same sound system (b&o) have tons of the same report. I mean I was listening to some SRV Little Wing on half volume so I would hope they can take more than that!
Haha time to put in new better speakers! Haha

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Nice rig HoosierT! Rack looks great. A lot of builds from places overseas of the Ranger give this platform a lot of ideas and possibilities. Good luck with your build.