2019 Ranger Build Thread

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Overland Vagabond

Rank I

Contributor II

Balerna, Switzerland
Member #

The Ford Ranger is an ideal platform for the weirdest transformations - check-out my own build, here on the day of our departure for a multi-year odyssey.

If you're interested in the details, there's a dozen of videos documenting the entire build, all hosted on our channel.

I reckon - that's not yet the 2019 spec, but the cell would fit easily also on the US model.

Reactions: JCWages and great08

Ncat

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
Member #

Love the Rangers, I drove a diesel one in Thailand a few years ago, great fun. Glad to see more Ford guys here too :)

Fisk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Fisk
I love the look of the narrower sliders. Shrockworks doesn’t seem to list any model specifically for the Ranger. Was this custom or did you modify sliders meant for another truck?

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank I

Contributor II

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

It is looking very good! I will also be adding the Icon Stage 2 to my Ranger. How well do the 33s fit inside there with the Stage 2?

HoosierT

Rank III

Advocate II

It is looking very good! I will also be adding the Icon Stage 2 to my Ranger. How well do the 33s fit inside there with the Stage 2?
They actually fit fine on stock suspension with the crash bars removed. Only slight rubbing in reverse at full lock. With the Icon suspension, there is no rubbing and the fit is fantastic.

Reactions: JCWages

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank I

Contributor II

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

They actually fit fine on stock suspension with the crash bars removed. Only slight rubbing in reverse at full lock. With the Icon suspension, there is no rubbing and the fit is fantastic.
That is good to hear, planning on getting lt285/70 17 K02s and a fifteen52 wheel with the suspension. It is good to see more people already outfitting their Rangers with them recently coming out.

reaver

Rank III

Contributor III

US
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
That is good to hear, planning on getting lt285/70 17 K02s and a fifteen52 wheel with the suspension. It is good to see more people already outfitting their Rangers with them recently coming out.
My coworker just put a 2" lift and Falken 33's on his ranger last month. Good looking setup.

But, now I can't stop thinking about lifting my colorado sooner rather than later. :blush:

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank I

Contributor II

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

My coworker just put a 2" lift and Falken 33's on his ranger last month. Good looking setup.

But, now I can't stop thinking about lifting my colorado sooner rather than later. :blush:
Don't tell me you have the new Colorado as well! The 2019s was my first option for midsized but I am a ford guy and once I saw the new Rangers I had to try and fit inside one (I am 6'8 so size matters). Next thing I was walking out with a new truck.

reaver

Rank III

Contributor III

US
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Don't tell me you have the new Colorado as well! The 2019s was my first option for midsized but I am a ford guy and once I saw the new Rangers I had to try and fit inside one (I am 6'8 so size matters). Next thing I was walking out with a new truck.
Ha! No way. I can't justify spending that kind of money on something that's likely to get scratches and beaten up on the trails. I drive an 04 z71 Crew Cab with the 3.5l inline 5.

Gmanpaint

Rank 0

Contributor I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
Muller
Well alright alright alright!! A Modified new Ranger!

Not many Ford lovers here in the sea of overland taco's. Thank you for sharing. Love them sliders! Looking forward to your updates on this new rig!