2019 Ranger Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

Overland Vagabond

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Balerna, Switzerland
Member #

The Ford Ranger is an ideal platform for the weirdest transformations - check-out my own build, here on the day of our departure for a multi-year odyssey.

If you're interested in the details, there's a dozen of videos documenting the entire build, all hosted on our channel.

I reckon - that's not yet the 2019 spec, but the cell would fit easily also on the US model.

Reactions: JCWages and great08

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Love the Rangers, I drove a diesel one in Thailand a few years ago, great fun. Glad to see more Ford guys here too :)

Fisk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Fisk
I love the look of the narrower sliders. Shrockworks doesn’t seem to list any model specifically for the Ranger. Was this custom or did you modify sliders meant for another truck?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

I love the look of the narrower sliders. Shrockworks doesn’t seem to list any model specifically for the Ranger. Was this custom or did you modify sliders meant for another truck?
They prototyped on my truck. They’ll have them on their site soon.

Reactions: Fisk and JJTaco13

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Great progress, really like the look of your Ranger.

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Finally got out with the Kayak. I'll be excited when I finally get to strap it to the top of my iKamper X-Cover and head out for a long trip.

IMG_1790.jpg

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

It is looking very good! I will also be adding the Icon Stage 2 to my Ranger. How well do the 33s fit inside there with the Stage 2?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

It is looking very good! I will also be adding the Icon Stage 2 to my Ranger. How well do the 33s fit inside there with the Stage 2?
They actually fit fine on stock suspension with the crash bars removed. Only slight rubbing in reverse at full lock. With the Icon suspension, there is no rubbing and the fit is fantastic.

Reactions: JCWages

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

They actually fit fine on stock suspension with the crash bars removed. Only slight rubbing in reverse at full lock. With the Icon suspension, there is no rubbing and the fit is fantastic.
That is good to hear, planning on getting lt285/70 17 K02s and a fifteen52 wheel with the suspension. It is good to see more people already outfitting their Rangers with them recently coming out.

Reactions: Matt Wright

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
That is good to hear, planning on getting lt285/70 17 K02s and a fifteen52 wheel with the suspension. It is good to see more people already outfitting their Rangers with them recently coming out.
My coworker just put a 2" lift and Falken 33's on his ranger last month. Good looking setup.

But, now I can't stop thinking about lifting my colorado sooner rather than later. :blush:

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

My coworker just put a 2" lift and Falken 33's on his ranger last month. Good looking setup.

But, now I can't stop thinking about lifting my colorado sooner rather than later. :blush:
Don't tell me you have the new Colorado as well! The 2019s was my first option for midsized but I am a ford guy and once I saw the new Rangers I had to try and fit inside one (I am 6'8 so size matters). Next thing I was walking out with a new truck.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Don't tell me you have the new Colorado as well! The 2019s was my first option for midsized but I am a ford guy and once I saw the new Rangers I had to try and fit inside one (I am 6'8 so size matters). Next thing I was walking out with a new truck.
Ha! No way. I can't justify spending that kind of money on something that's likely to get scratches and beaten up on the trails. I drive an 04 z71 Crew Cab with the 3.5l inline 5.

Gmanpaint

Rank II

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
M
Well alright alright alright!! A Modified new Ranger!

Not many Ford lovers here in the sea of overland taco's. Thank you for sharing. Love them sliders! Looking forward to your updates on this new rig!

Reactions: WalkerTexasRanger

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Well I got rear add-a-leafs installed so between that and icon stage 2 on the front, I think I’m set on suspension. I need some help from you guys on a new front bumper though. I really like the look of the ADD stealth fighter but I’m not sure how much protection it will really provide for normal off-roading as I’ll never be using this truck for “Baja”. I will be installing a Warn Zeon 10s so I currently have only two real options for a winch bumper. Can you give me some input?

Pic after rear add-a-leaf install:
38DDF680-AC7C-48D5-A012-E35EC9AF76F1.jpeg22B38F2F-0F22-4F46-876C-1F3700B103D0.jpeg

Bumper options:
ADD:
8A2D7399-069A-42D2-A954-7DB82605DCCF.png

Warn:
6BFC39E9-F034-45D1-942F-E0B6DE969412.png

Reactions: Ncat

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Well I got rear add-a-leafs installed so between that and icon stage 2 on the front, I think I’m set on suspension. I need some help from you guys on a new front bumper though. I really like the look of the ADD stealth fighter but I’m not sure how much protection it will really provide for normal off-roading as I’ll never be using this truck for “Baja”. I will be installing a Warn Zeon 10s so I currently have only two real options for a winch bumper. Can you give me some input?

Pic after rear add-a-leaf install:
View attachment 128617View attachment 128618

Bumper options:
ADD:
View attachment 128619

Warn:
View attachment 128620
Look into RPGs pre runner bumper. Baja style but cheaper than ADD and still winch capable. I like the look after the add a leaf! What size tire and how much do you have the stage 2 set to? I installed my stage 2 a couple weekend back and waiting to get new tires/wheels to final adjust them.