SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I bent the brake line bracket down when I first did the lift. You can see the brake lines and the bracket in the left side of the last photo. The wheel speed sensor lines were also adjusted to provide more slack. So far so good!

Have you decided what shocks you're going with yet?
I'll have to crawl under it again to see if the bracket is bendable on ours... Not sure what to do with the truck shocks yet, prob something basic and rebuildable/revalve. like fox 2.0s or something else. Given how she drives, Well... yeah. you know the issues ahead of me :P

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I'll have to crawl under it again to see if the bracket is bendable on ours... Not sure what to do with the truck shocks yet, prob something basic and rebuildable/revalve. like fox 2.0s or something else. Given how she drives, Well... yeah. you know the issues ahead of me :P
Lmao! Indeed, you have your work cut out for you. You might want to beef up the mounts too. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Lmao! Indeed, you have your work cut out for you. You might want to beef up the mounts too. :tearsofjoy:
hahahaha. Yeah. I need to look at the shock stuff a bit more for the rear fo-sho. I've seen them fail under load on the burbs and yukons... I started cutting metal for the front. All in all it should work out... You still running an overload on your rear pack or nah?

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

hahahaha. Yeah. I need to look at the shock stuff a bit more for the rear fo-sho. I've seen them fail under load on the burbs and yukons... I started cutting metal for the front. All in all it should work out... You still running an overload on your rear pack or nah?
Yeah for now. When I can afford it I'll get the OME leaf pack. The factory pack is really starting to flatten out so I have to keep running the AutoSprings add-a-leaf to keep some arch in the pack.

Right now I'm more worried about the rear end. It started making funky clunking noises when the tires spin and the auto locker (G80) engages. I replaced the fluid and didn't see any chunks of metal but if it keeps it up I may pull the cover off and check it out.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Yeah for now. When I can afford it I'll get the OME leaf pack. The factory pack is really starting to flatten out so I have to keep running the AutoSprings add-a-leaf to keep some arch in the pack.

Right now I'm more worried about the rear end. It started making funky clunking noises when the tires spin and the auto locker (G80) engages. I replaced the fluid and didn't see any chunks of metal but if it keeps it up I may pull the cover off and check it out.
G80's clunk, its a fact of life with em, lol, but I guess they have some not great clunking. The one in our truck is noticeable when it kicks in as its 2wd, but it tends to do it often and it stays engaged longer than with your truck i think.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The clunk is normal on the g80 but i think you may be experiencing axle wrap. These trucks really need 4link or even better for articulation wishbone 3link in the rear. I noticed back when i lifted our colorado the rear springs look flatish and trust me it looks even worse when you are pulling something but the front squats too when winching heavy stuff. Im not going to change anything unless it fails,my rear is a little stiffer than id like offroad but again that kind of normal for gm especially if you have the tow package.

Reactions: rho and JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

So this was informative....

I can't seem to figure out how to disable stability control while in 4Hi. As a result the truck will automatically apply the brakes while doing dumb stuff which really slows down "progress". In 4Lo both traction control and stability control are turned off. I've tried pressing and holding the button to turn SC off but it doesn't work. I swear my 2016 allowed that function.

Reactions: RoarinRow

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Oh man, that looks like fun! Vojto and I are trying to figure out a snow wheeling/camping trip in the next week or two... you in? Also, that's interesting the Patagonias are so noisy, all the YT-types seem to rave about how quiet they are... though I suppose they're probably comparing to full on M/Ts.

-TJ

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Swapped out the Wildpeaks for Milestar Patagonia. Kinda bummed about how noisy they are. They do well in snow so far. I'm hoping they perform like rockstars off-road to justify the noise.

You might as well start a used off-road tire shop lol.

Enjoy the new shoes on your rig.

• Haha

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

While cutting out more of the waffles in the front wheel wells I noticed I'm rubbing the actual fender at the bottom. So I starting cutting the fender plastic to provide more room and thought why not cut it off completely from the fog lights down? It's been done before and doesn't look bad. A steel full front bumper would be better but that's out of my budget. I played around with the waffle placement and I'm pretty sure I can mount it just below the fog lights which will allow me to retain the fender liner and extra support for the bottom of the bumper cover.

I'd have loads of clearance for larger tires and it would be a lot easier climbing rocks with more tire exposed.

Here's a quick edit of what it could look like if cut straight across vs. a slight curve. I prefer the curve. Crude I know but I'm on a tablet using photo edit.

20200104_074016.jpg

Here's one that's already been done in a slightly different way. I'd probably keep the cut straight towards the wheel instead of arcing upwards. Thanks @gforcecanyon
Screenshot_20190727-193505_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190727-193522_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20190727-193410_Instagram.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I tried to swap out the King 550lb springs on my coilovers to 450lb springs. I then realized the typical strut spring compressor won't fit between the coils of my springs. So after playing with bailing wire and ratchet straps for awhile I decided I'm too young to die so I took them to a local 4x4 shop and they swapped them for me for $65. Thanks WFO Concepts.

I reinstalled the coilovers with about 4 threads showing but after a test drive I found the front end was still sitting at 39"+ with the driver side at almost 40"! I had removed all the weight I had bolted to my skid plate (100lbs+-) but it's now sitting slightly higher than the 550lb springs and extra weight. :unsure: It drove great, however! After checking droop, which is same as before, I decided to reduce preloadas far as I can and I'll test it out tomorrow. My goal is to increase droop (down travel) and increase ride quality.

I'm stoked to still get the height I want from this relatively low spring rate and the ride is even better than before. The non-stoke part is I went with cheap springs and they are plain silver instead of King blue. lol
082020173350.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Very nice, which springs did you go with? those look like a silver spring one can order from summit racing... :P

Once i get the CO's on the sierra i'm fully expecting to have to swap the springs out at least once because i'm preeeeeettttyyyyy sure i screwed up the load calculations and the motion ratio. In general springs are springs though and unless something mechanically happens or they break down there often isn't that much of a difference unless radically different steels are used...

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Very nice, which springs did you go with? those look like a silver spring one can order from summit racing... :P

Once i get the CO's on the sierra i'm fully expecting to have to swap the springs out at least once because i'm preeeeeettttyyyyy sure i screwed up the load calculations and the motion ratio. In general springs are springs though and unless something mechanically happens or they break down there often isn't that much of a difference unless radically different steels are used...
They pretty much are. Accutune sells PAC springs for broke people like me. :sunglasses:

I had a hard time with the motion ratio measurements. It's not quite as easy as measuring in a perfectly straight line when objects are in the way. lol

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
They pretty much are. Accutune sells PAC springs for broke people like me. :sunglasses:

I had a hard time with the motion ratio measurements. It's not quite as easy as measuring in a perfectly straight line when objects are in the way. lol
Yeah, its a pretty tough thing to do correctly. I had some approximate measurements before I put new LCA's in last year so that helped but I really need to crawl back under there and get some better ones and see just how off I am :P I figure i'll have to go put a new set of springs on there anyways...

We gotta get another trip in soon doooood

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Yeah, its a pretty tough thing to do correctly. I had some approximate measurements before I put new LCA's in last year so that helped but I really need to crawl back under there and get some better ones and see just how off I am :P I figure i'll have to go put a new set of springs on there anyways...

We gotta get another trip in soon doooood
Yaasss! We dooo!

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Yaasss! We dooo!
Totally! I'm starting to work out a route from hwy 140 up to tahoe or something like that. I'll have to hit you up for some stuff in your neck of the woods soon...

• Love