Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I wanted to protect the tailgate from dents in the event I put something heavy and bulky in the "Trasharoo". This style of trash bag is designed to be run on a spare tire so there is no padding on the backside to protect body panels. There is a tailgate specfic pad on the market but it retails for $200+. My solution was to use heavy duty fabric glue to adhere a foam kneeling pad to the back of the bag. It doesn't cover the entire back but I think it will be fine. If I find another free or cheap kneeling pad I can cut it to fill in the gaps on the side. Side note, neither Home Depot nor Michael's Arts & Crafts had any foam that would work for this application.

edit I forgot about anti-fatigue mats. One of those cut to size would work great. I also applied some clear paint protector on the tailgate. Clear PlastiDip would work well too.

The pad is 15" wide and the bag is 20" wide.
20200309_112256.jpg
20200309_190252.jpg

Last edited:

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Took the front end apart to repaint the grille. It was chipping pretty bad and since I'm not driving much it seemed like a good time to do it.
20200415_151238.jpg

Sanding all the old paint off.
20200415_171019.jpg

I also got a P0449 code immediately after filling the gas tank. I assume it had something to do with the nozzle getting sorta stuck in the filler cap. Venting it didn't help and the code would return after I cleared it a few times. I used a shop towel and some intake cleaner spray to clean the "flaps" inside the filler neck. Cleared the code and started the truck successfully with no code. I'm betting some grime got knocked loose and was preventing the EVAP from sealing properly.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I decided do a couple coats of the old Exact Match paint on the grille surround then go over it with a bunch of coats of DupliColor Custom Wrap (like PlastiDip) in Arctic White. It's the same exact color as the Exact Match paint. It turned out quite well. I applied a few coats of the gloss clear spray wrap too and although it's not truly glossy it looks good and matches well.

The center pieces were done in basic black gloss spray paint but I decided to hit those with the clear wrap as well to help prevent chipping. The gloss of the spray paint dulled quite a bit but if the durability goes up then it's worth it.

20200416_132536.jpg
20200416_132556.jpg

I also sprayed my oem fog lights with a glass tint. I like the way the fogs look when on with the amber LEDs but when they are off they just look stock. If this paint doesn't hold up I'll buy tge Lamin-X kit but for $7 this spray was worth a shot.
20200417_120020.jpg
20200417_135700.jpg
20200417_150505.jpg
20200417_150412.jpg