Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Currently on a tasker in Niger for the Air Force and realized it has been ages since I updated this build. I pulled the Front Runner and Alucab as well as stripped the rear seats for a drawer build and new roof rack unfortunately the shop that was doing those things kinda bailed out and fell through so now I am having another Front Runner fitted, this time I am going to drill the freedom panels to avoid the ugly look of the front struts and I will be loading a James Baroud tent instead of the Alucab Expedition III. A Re-Gear to 4.88s is also going to happen and I plan on using KC Hilites light bar to fit 5 Baja Designs LP9s above the windshield. Also in talks with Goose Gear to try and get the rear interior sorted out. Next trip will be when I return on R&R for Two weeks and then will be shooting to the Balkan states for a few weeks in March/April when my girl gets back in country. Will put up a few posts of the trips you guys have missed but internet here is garbage so bear with me.

Scouting for the first Tents + Tread meet in the English Lakes District.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Took a trip up to Scotland again for Xmas/New Years

Seriously loving the RhinoRack Batwing..

Glencoe is incredibly Gorgeous probably my favorite part of Scotland with Skye coming in a super close second.

Buddies 130 is probably the best Defender build I have seen in my three years living over in the UK..

Reactions: Seppy and JCWages

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Apreciate it man! Got another post or two to catch up things and then it will be going dark again until I return from Africa

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Last trip I managed to take right before the whole shop fiasco happened and I shot down here to Africa. Jeep looked meaner without everything on top but also a bit sad. Excited to be getting it sorted and ready for a big trip when I get back. If anyone has deals on Baja Designs let me know looking at 5 LP9s for above the windshield once the Front Runner rack is remounted and them lights aint cheap!

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

@ttephotos , haven't read through your whole thread yet, but if you're the man behind the lens in all these pics then you are one heck of a photographer. Brilliant shots my friend! Oh, and one awesome build as well!:)

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
WOW, such great shots. I really enjoy the pictures, great build as well.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Africa Deployment is coming to an end and oh man has the Jeep been hopping between shops in the meantime!
Roofnest has come on and sponsored a Sparrow that I will be testing and reviewing on a two month trip through Morocco and the Balkan states mid March-mid May.
Front Runner came on for the trip and provided really nice discount on a new rack, wind fairing, under-rack table, recovery mounts, interior shelf and a few other small bits.
ARB also was kind enough to send the massive Elements fridge and a dual compressor and Black Rhino Wheels sent over the stunning Arsenal wheels at cost.

I cannot thank the above companies enough for their support and am looking forward to providing some media and marketing content for them.

I swapped the full coverage ARB bumper for a stubby, sorted a new VR EVO 12-S from WARN with a full assortment of recovery equipment from their EPIC line and some bits from Factor55.
Jeep is getting a re-gear to 4.88 upon my return and I have wrapped the new Arsenal wheels in BFG KM3s, here is a few crappy cell photos sent down!

Additionally, the rear storage platform and drawers are underway and due to finish by Xmas. Once the side cubbies are built, rear drawers installed, and everything coated I will send some updated pics!

Reactions: Haust

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Build as it is currently! Still waiting on a VR-EVO 12S and some bits from WARN but it's solid so far!

LOVE the storage sleeping system we have done up and am currently talking with some folks to bring some improvements to a MK2 version and look at bringing it to all Jeep owners.

Overland True North

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Girard, OH, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Cur
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1DON

Opening:
I just got the word that the order is finalized and will finally be joining the Jeep family and starting a build. A little backstory I am originally from Ohio but due to serving with the Air Force I have been overseas for some time. While in Okinawa I did not pull the trigger due to not being able to bring it over, and then when I got orders to the UK the plan was to purchase either a diesel Jeep or to do a Defender build. However, I got here settled and started to learn quickly that diesel Jeeps can't come home to the states whenever I make it back. On top of that the Defenders that could are few and far between due to galvanized chassis, not being old enough, not being well cared for, or having too many miles for the cost. This pretty much left me SOL and without options as far as a used Jeep went. Enter deployment! Due to the awesome tasking, I am able to put 6k down on a Big Bear and have another 6-8k for a nice opening spree of mods! The build will be focused around Overlanding and maybe even eventual living/Vanlife when I make it stateside for a nice long roadtrip. I am a photographer and really enjoy the landscape aspect of things so I will be building things out to allow me to stay on location longer and go deeper off the beaten path to capture those sights usually only seen by a few eyes. As it stands now the Jeep is expected to land over in the UK when I get back almost perfectly timed around July/August! I will not hold my breath as who knows what could come up to shorten or extend that timeframe though. All said I am super excited and will be starting the thread now to get some help with a few questions as far as part compatibility goes before pulling the trigger on some initial purchases and to give you guys an idea of what the Jeep will eventually become!

Stock Options:
Black Exterior and Interior
6-Speed MAN
3.73 Gearing
"Big Bear Package" (Mostly visual upgrades, some decent wheels and tires, and the connectivity group)
Body Color Hard Top (Don't Hate)
LED Lighting Group (Have heard great things)

What is Done Now: 11 Sept 19
Weathertech Rainguards F/R
ARB Diff Covers
Series Defender - Rear Window Vents
Drake Offroad - Handle Inserts
AMI - Stubby Antenna
Grab Bars USA
Vector Offroad- Dash Dock with RAM Mounts
AEV Snorkel w/prefilter & ARB Diff Breathers
RIGID CHASE 3rd brake light
Recon LED smoked turn signals
ARB Full Width Front Bumper
AEV 4.5 DualSport Lift
AEV Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier and Fuel Caddy
Rubicon Express Driveshafts
4.88 Gearing Upgrade
Blue Ridge Overland cargo netting, seat backs, grab handle storage
Front Runner Slimline II Rack
Outback Adventures Trailgater - Bamboo Board
License Plate Delete
RhinoRack Batwing
Rear Seats Removed
x5 Black Rhino - Arsenal Wheels
x5 35x12.5R17 BFG KM2

CURRENT QUESTION(S):

Dream Sheet:
Goose Gear 100% Delete / Side Cubbies
LOD Offroad - Trail Rack and RotoPax mounts for water.
James Baroud - Insulation Kit
James Baroud Extreme
Rebel Offroad Blackout Kit (Storage setup with lighting)
SPOD
Warn - Zeon 12S
Poison Spyder - Brawler Rockers
Metal Cloak Fenders
ACE - Inner Fenders
Backup Camera
Magnaflow - Pro Series Catback (more for clearance and less space taken up not the sound)
ARB - Dual Compressor
Baja Designs LP9s 2 driving combo for bumper, 5 for above windshield
JW Speaker - LED Tail lights
Dometic 75

Huge thanks to more than a few users here and on other forums who have been inspiring the build!
May I ask where you got the AEV snorkel prefilter? Cost?...AEV says they don't carry the prefilter anymore.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

May I ask where you got the AEV snorkel prefilter? Cost?...AEV says they don't carry the prefilter anymore.
hmm. I grabbed it here in the UK. I would try Ebay it wasn't super costly weird that they don't offer it anymore as its great to have

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Final Prep complete, I am off for a two month trip into Morocco/Baltics tomm evening!

The LP9s are bright... realllly bright btw