2016 Nor-Cal OTG Rally 2.0 Convoy

• HTML tutorial

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

Registered for OTG2. I'm in for the San Jose and can meet at a South Bay rally point depending on time. Taking the FZJ80 and will need some frequent gas stops to fill up the old guzzler. I get maybe 10-11 mpg if i'm lucky fully loaded. Maybe 13-14 if I stay off the skinny pedal.

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Registered for OTG2. I'm in for the San Jose and can meet at a South Bay rally point depending on time. Taking the FZJ80 and will need some frequent gas stops to fill up the old guzzler. I get maybe 10-11 mpg if i'm lucky fully loaded. Maybe 13-14 if I stay off the skinny pedal.
Haha dont worry im right there with you in my 100. 13 if im lucky

Unplanned Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills
Member #

Laughing, i get 11-12 mpg, in a 2011 jeep jk, she's heavy as she's armored up

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

Laughing, i get 11-12 mpg, in a 2011 jeep jk, she's heavy as she's armored up
Prior to me adding the armour, sliders, gobi rack and 35s. The worst i got was 12mpg. Adding the stuff now makes it 10.5 mpg at the very worst crusing at 80 mph. If I stay under 70mph I can get 12.5 mpg.[emoji45]

Last edited:
Reactions: Unplanned Overland

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Wow, hard to coordinate but would be very cool
The drive by would be easy, the drone would be difficult, especially since I don't own or operate one.
I would like to do a drive by while on the freeway and maybe an on ramp or even better overpass video of all the rigs going by.

Reactions: O.Dfj

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

Who's the coordinator for the convoy? Have we mapped out meetup points along the way? If yes, please share with the group.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@Spyduh
The Bay Area's Convoy meeting spot will be at the Starbucks in Gilroy at 7:00am-7:30am. Its on Camino Arroyo and HWY 152 (south side of HWY 152) A shell gas station is on the corner for anyone needing to gas up.
From there, we will make a pit stop in Madera's Walmart parking lot between 9:30 -10:00am so we can hook up with the Napa Convoy and Sacramento Convoy. From Madera well take HWY 145 to HWY 168 to Shaver lake.
If everything is on schedule, then we should be pulling into the OB Campsite around 11:30am where @SLO Rob will be handing out beers to the Convoy. :tonguewink:

https://goo.gl/maps/hWPfwHKBP5H2

One more rig added! So here's the current Rig count for the Bay Area Convoy. If I forgot anyone, please post your location and I'll add it to the list.

@picklejuice - Palo Alto
@Meta6981 - San Jose
@hookjaw - San Jose
@Spyduh - San Jose
@kkauweloa - San Jose
Mike G - San Jose
@jginca - Salinas
@Keat - Livermore
@Disco2Guy - San Francisco
@Rob -Fremont
@Michael Joel and Renee - Livermore
@daPitbull - Oakland