2016 Nor-Cal OTG Rally 2.0 Convoy

• HTML tutorial

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I know my name is already up, but I'm in. Mike G is clairvoyant :)

I also need to buy a CB. If anyone has a recommendation, along with the antenna, I'm all ears.

Reactions: Mike G

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I know my name is already up, but I'm in. Mike G is clairvoyant :)

I also need to buy a CB. If anyone has a recommendation, along with the antenna, I'm all ears.
I'm planning on getting a Uniden 520xl paired with a Wilson 1000. Can't really go wrong with this basic setup. Plus I have a good friend that is into communications and can tune it. Firesticks look cool, but from what I've been told, a Wilson 1000 with a 62" whip will have better range.

Last edited:

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I'm planning on getting a Uniden 520xl paired with a Wilson 1000. Can't really go wrong with this basic setup. Plus I have a good friend that is into communications and can tune it. Firesticks look cool, but from what I've been told, a Wilson 1000 with a 62" whip will have better range.
Thanks, I'll definitely consider that. I was going to go the firestick route so this is good to know.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

@picklejuice I forgot about the other members that are going.
Here's the list i have so far.

@Meta6981 - San Jose
@hookjaw - San Jose
@kkauweloa - San Jose
Mike G - San Jose
picklejuice - Palo Alto
@jginca - Salinas
@Keat - Livermore
@Disco2Guy - San Francisco

I was thinking we can meet at Walmart in Gilroy to pick up @jginca at 7am and then meet up @Keat in Los Banos.?
Unless Keat would like to meet up with us in Gilroy?
From there we head out to Madera to meet up with the other convoy. If I forgot anyone, please list your name and City. Please feel free to add your thoughts and any changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: fj80cruiserlife

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Count me in!

I'm in SF (where Candlestick used to be). I've been going to Bald Mtn. for years, only it's been during February for a snow run ;)
The Gilroy WM works for me. I've been away from the OB forums for the past month, but did get the email notification about the trip. Any news on registration yet?

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Count me in!

I'm in SF (where Candlestick used to be). I've been going to Bald Mtn. for years, only it's been during February for a snow run ;)
The Gilroy WM works for me. I've been away from the OB forums for the past month, but did get the email notification about the trip. Any news on registration yet?
Added your name to the convoy list. [emoji106]
No word yet on registration.

Last edited:

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Walmart in Gilroy can work....0700 hrs gonna be a rough one but I think its doable (I work evenings my circadian rhythm is that of a night owl) I hope sonic will be open for some red button coffee. And Just a note for South SJ convoy, I need to fuel up with Diesel...Also I will be running CB. I think most everyone uses channel 16 for OB events. I just picked up a cobra 75 WX and a K40 k30 magnetic antenna. I just did a dry run packing of all my gear and am excited for OTG 2.0. If anyone in the S SJ convoy wants my phone number DM me.

Reactions: Mike G

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

So for us local locals in the 916 (@Mirek @O.Dfj and whoever else), we are thinking super mini convoy down 99 into Elk Grove and we can meet there then convoy to the other convoy and then roll with the larger convoy into the mother convoy.
OMG the phrasing for this comment is awesome!

85Blazer-Keat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, ca
Member #

@picklejuice I forgot about the other members that are going.
Here's the list i have so far.

@Meta6981 - San Jose
@hookjaw - San Jose
@kkauweloa - San Jose
Mike G - San Jose
picklejuice - Palo Alto
@jginca - Salinas
@Keat - Livermore
@Disco2Guy - San Francisco

I was thinking we can meet at Walmart in Gilroy to pick up @jginca at 7am and then meet up @Keat in Los Banos.?
Unless Keat would like to meet up with us in Gilroy?
From there we head out to Madera to meet up with the other convoy. If I forgot anyone, please list your name and City. Please feel free to add your thoughts and any changes.
Gilroy works for me!

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Does anyone here have the necessary equipment for CB tuning? I bought a bunch of used stuff on Craigslist, but I don't have an SWR meter and I can't justify purchasing one to use it like once.