2016 Chevy Colorado Build

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

yeah, I looked at the BDS lift kit. But, it is $3300. A lot more than the RC at $1000. I know, you get what you pay for, but I just can't justify $3000.
I think it kinda falls under you get what you pay for... the bds is going to be much nicer and used higher quality parts than the RC kit. I don't personally want to go that high, but I am going to put a Baja Kits lift on it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: samsara

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

yeah, I looked at the BDS lift kit. But, it is $3300. A lot more than the RC at $1000. I know, you get what you pay for, but I just can't justify $3000.
I would go with BDS. They have a 5.5 kit without the fox shocks for $1,800.

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=69&ty=1&yr=2015-2016

I have the BDS 4" kit on my f150. It's very good quality. I saved money by going 4" with spacers on the front coilovers first. Later, hopefully in a couple weeks, I will buy the front fox coilovers.

Reactions: Canyon_Cliff

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Thanks, this looks like a good option.
How do you like the ride? And does the kit provide good skid plate protection? It looks as though the drop down bracket is pretty exposed to getting hit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Just ordered the BDS kit from RealTruck.com. On sale for $1530, with free shipping.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cliff
Awesome! I know you'll enjoy it. It rides great! Better than stock. I need the upgrade front coils because of my extremely heavy bumper.

Last edited:

Traveler I

Zone also offers a lift for the Colorado and canyon. BDS doesn't have one for the diesel so I went with Zone. They are sister companies and from what BDS told me the quality is very close to the same. I did the spacer lift in the front also and upgraded to the fox shocks in the rear and it was around $1300. It rides great but I'll be upgrading to the fox coilovers pretty soon

Last edited:
Reactions: Travalanche

Traveler I

Zone also offers a lift for the Colorado and canyon. BDS doesn't have one for the diesel so I went with Zone. They are sister companies and from what BDS told me the quality is very close to the same. I did the spacer lift in the front also and upgraded to the fox shocks in the rear and it was around $1300. It rides great but I'll be upgrading to the fox coilovers pretty soon

Very cool, what size tires did you fit on there? And did you have to clearance anything?

Travalanche

Rank 0

Traveler I

You Colorado/Canyon guys should look up the "Killerado". Pretty awesome truck to pull inspiration from! If I remember correctly, he's running BDS suspension, 37's, has a Ripp supercharger and Addictive Desert Designs bumpers.

Y'all have got some really awesome builds! Love that storage system you built! I've thought REALLY hard about moving to the smaller truck on multiple occasions.

Reactions: Dillon Thompson

FAVPST

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Clemente, CA
Member #

I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 CCLWB. I built the storage system in the back to house everything. It is actually surprisingly light at about 110lbs empty. I have a Trail Geara light bar in the lower grill, a TG light bar on the roof rack, and some small 8" lights on the sides and in the back. All controlled by a sPod switch system. I have a Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized tent in Olive Green. An ARB 2000 Awning, and ARB onboard Air Compressor. I also have a National Luna split charging system with a Optima Blue top battery. Also a 1000w Xantrex pure sine wave inverter to charge my camera gear. If you have any questions or feedback let me know.

View attachment 19760

View attachment 19761 View attachment 19762 View attachment 19765
Hell yeah! Your rig is sick! I want to eventually build a Colorado.

CanyonMULE

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Thanks for the advice.

I believe your right about tire size. I've tried 1 inch and 1.5 inch spacers, after market wheels with a different offset, a 3 inch lift in the front, a 1.25 inch body lift, grinding the pinch weld, etc and still can only fit 32.5x11 inch wheels. Someday I'll trim, bend, etc the fenders to fit 35's but only after gears are available.

Sent from my STH100-1 using OB Talk mobile app