Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
Meta6981. Where did you get your steel wheels and which ones did you get exactly? It is time for new tires on my "14 JGC Overland and I would like to put the new tires on 18's instead on the 20's that are on it now. Thank you.20151026_182743.jpg

Reactions: chithead

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Meta6981. Where did you get your steel wheels and which ones did you get exactly? It is time for new tires on my "14 JGC Overland and I would like to put the new tires on 18's instead on the 20's that are on it now. Thank you.View attachment 5532
I am sorry for the delay... I did not get a notification for this... but I got the mopar steel wheels. I went into the parts department of my local dealer and asked for the same steel rim that is on the spare already (Least for the overland package). He gave me a deal and sold them for about $116 a piece. I also bought the second set of TPS sensors for the steel wheels.

Reactions: norseman

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

So few updates. I added a cb antenna and worked out a roof basket for the "three box deployment". I also have added my OB numbers in reflective tape for OTG convoy. Also going to do a picture dump.

William Harris Jenkins

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dahlonega, GA
Member #

This is a nice thread, I drive a 2008 WK. I have a 2 inch spacer lift right now, hoping to change that soon. Have you looked at and found any lifts for your jeep? Love the look of the rig!

Reactions: Meta6981

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

This is a nice thread, I drive a 2008 WK. I have a 2 inch spacer lift right now, hoping to change that soon. Have you looked at and found any lifts for your jeep? Love the look of the rig!
Thanks! Unfortunately i have the quadralift lift 2 air suspention. It does alright for what I have taken her through so far. On the offroad 2 setting the ride is very very rough. Eventually I would like to do a suspention build like the "white rhino" wk2 build. Minus the 35" tires though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

So rad! I'm looking to put that Cummins diesel in my rig.
Hopefully Nissan comes out with thier small Cummins for the mid size truck. I know Chevy has done this in the Colorado. It just sucks that diesel got kicked back in reputation after the VW Diesel scandal. But if you have any questions ask away.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Sam Haines

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

Yeah WK2!! '17 Trailhawk owner here (although not a diesel engine like yours) who went through many of the deliberations you have. Would strongly recommend Mopar Rock Rails and a Gobi roof rack. I'd suggest checking out Baja Designs LED light bars and consider the HAM route vs CB for longer range communications.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I'm intereted in the direction you are taking with your WK2 Diesal. This is the rig my wife wants, when our JK is being staged in South America.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I'm intereted in the direction you are taking with your WK2 Diesal. This is the rig my wife wants, when our JK is being staged in South America.
Thanks for the interest. As of right now I am relocating to another state and have not had time to work on the Jeep. But my wish list involves getting in the armor kit sold by uneek4x4, they have great made for WK2 accessories. Including gaps where the Mopar oem skidplates lacks. I would love to work on upgrading the stock air suspension to something a bit more forgiving.

That being said, what few upgrades I have done I have been very pleased with off-road preforming. It's not Wrangler but it is capable in it's own right.

wk2blackpearl

Rank II

Advocate I

It's been a little bit but I am reviving this thread ;)

I've got a 2012 WK2 Overland as well and am looking into tires but concerned about rubbing with the QL air lift.... has anyone upgraded to 275s and been able to still use the park/entry/exit mode? I park in a garage at work and have been using that mode, but do not HAVE to.

Also, how has everyone been handling the spare in the wheel well? Ideally I'd like to do a 5 tire rotation and keep the spare tucked away in there but open to suggestions..

Thanks!

Reactions: geekyadam

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

It's been a little bit but I am reviving this thread ;)

I've got a 2012 WK2 Overland as well and am looking into tires but concerned about rubbing with the QL air lift.... has anyone upgraded to 275s and been able to still use the park/entry/exit mode? I park in a garage at work and have been using that mode, but do not HAVE to.

Also, how has everyone been handling the spare in the wheel well? Ideally I'd like to do a 5 tire rotation and keep the spare tucked away in there but open to suggestions..

Thanks!
I run 275/65/r18 and I use entry level on the ql2. It should work as long as you don't have the front cranked hard left or right, or an unusual articulation. It's rubbed a few times when in entry and going over a speed bump at just the right angle pulling into or out of a spot.