Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Love that console build. Keep up the great work, refreshing to see another Fullsize Chevy out there.
Thanks! Pretty happy with how it came out, still need to do a little clean up, but its been working great so far!

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Well, haven't really gotten anything else done to the Raven since putting the console together. Been busy with work and getting out and exploring with the rig. Still have the solar panel waiting in the wings. Next up though I need to do a little clean up with the console wiring, also want to get an inverter set up in the topper. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the rig and from some recent trips.

Drove down to Wyoming with a couple of friends to take in the full eclipse. We went down through Yellowstone and Teton parks before working our way over to the north end of the Wind Rivers to Union Pass. There were quite a few other people out there, but we managed to find a pretty secluded place to set up camp for a long weekend. Had a great time exploring and taking in the eclipse. It was definitely a great experience, and it was totally worth the drive to experience totality!

Driving through Yellowstone is always an enjoyable drive.

Haven't gotten down to the Tetons in a long time, was fun to go through there again!

Followed an Earthroamer briefly on the way in, saw a few pretty intricate set-ups over the weekend, over kill for me but always interesting to see...

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Couple weeks later took a labor day trip up into the Tobacco Roots and explored some new terrain. Ended up setting up camp a little lower than planned, but ended up with a great spot and had a great weekend relaxing, swimming in mountain lakes, and climbing a peak.

I think we eat better at camp than we do at home sometimes...

Lex apparently likes our beds better than his...

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Here are some more recent photos of the rig from around the house and a few short overnight trips. Also got my small Snowmaster fridge, only have used it for one quick overnight trip, and it was pretty cold so I haven'y really gotten to test it out yet.

A few bad dusk phone pictures from a quick overnight back in October. Had a conference to go to so I took advantage of being away from home for a night to squeeze in a quick evening in the mountains.

Have had a few years of bad luck, but was able to get my elk a week ago. We almost exclusively eat the meat we hunt for, so it always feels good to stock the freezer for the year...

Winter really hit this past weekend, got over a foot of snow in town and twice that or more in the mountains. Made for some great skiing, but made for some work finding the truck in the morning...

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Well its been a little while since I've done much on the rig. Been spending most of my time skiing and without a garage to work in, the winter isn't exactly the time to get things done for me... I am starting to think about the next steps though. Starting to look more seriously into options for the suspension. Really want to go for the mid-travel kit, but trying to figure out if its worth the cost for my use. Does anyone who is running a mid travel kit have any comments on on-road use? Obviously its great on the trail, but how does it do for everyday driving with the added travel/loss of sway bar. I am definitely willing to make a compromise on road driving to get the benefits off-road, and I know plenty of people are using rigs with mid-travel as DDs, just starting to questions myself I guess haha!

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
I have a bajakits midtravel on my 15'...i love it! Yeah the no swaybar makes you rock side when turning but its really stable. It did make it wider so i went with 3" flare on my fiberglass fenders.

Since i widened the front i had to match the rear so i bought some BORA spacers for the rear and havent any issues with it. In the rear im running deavers U182 leaf springs, bajakits shackles and king shocks.

Montaska

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Anchorage/Nikiski, Alaska
Member #

Love the build! You're making me miss Montana. I moved up to Alaska about a year and a half ago from Bozeman (born and raised in Havre, went to college @ MSU). Still have a cabin north of Missoula but don't make it down there often enough. Go Cats!

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

I have a bajakits midtravel on my 15'...i love it! Yeah the no swaybar makes you rock side when turning but its really stable. It did make it wider so i went with 3" flare on my fiberglass fenders.

Since i widened the front i had to match the rear so i bought some BORA spacers for the rear and havent any issues with it. In the rear im running deavers U182 leaf springs, bajakits shackles and king shocks.
Love the rig, pretty much the exact setup I have been thinking of! Thanks for the info, that's kind of what I am expecting, think Im just getting a little nervous pulling the trigger... I am planning to do the shackles and new springs as well. Did the new leafs add any lift in the rear?

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Love the build! You're making me miss Montana. I moved up to Alaska about a year and a half ago from Bozeman (born and raised in Havre, went to college @ MSU). Still have a cabin north of Missoula but don't make it down there often enough. Go Cats!
Thanks, glad you like it! What part of Alaska did you move to? Would love to get up there, have family on the Kenai that I need to visit and use as a good excuse for a trip up that way.

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

We moved to Anchorage but also have property in Nikiski.
Nice! Been a long time since Ive been up that way, but I really love that country. I would love to do a long road trip up that way sometime, just need to find the time I guess...

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Well, things are about to get more interesting. Pulled the trigger on the BajaKits 4WD prerunner kit today! Excited to get it all together, now I just need to figure the rest of the set up out. Hoping to get the suspension work completed for a trip down to Utah later in the spring, but well see how it all goes!

Reactions: DezertRat

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
Awsome! What setup of front shocks did you order? I got mine black anodized with compression adjustment. Did you specify what type of spindles you have? Theres different size heims for the silverados

Also are you going to run fiberwerx fenders?! Cutting the stock fenders was fun