Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

Big fan of how you outfitted your truck. May have overlooked it, but what size BFGs did you go with? I'm likely going with them in the near future in a 275/70R18. Had them on a tacoma, just wondering how they do on a full size.

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

@Camp_Llama thanks, glad you like it! Still have a list of things I want to do, but I'm really happy with how it's coming out, the camping setup is really in good shape now and is working pretty smoothly!
I'm running the KO2s in the 275/70R18. Haven't had any issues and really been happy with the tires. Have never let me down off road and are still good every day tires. I had a little bit of rubbing on the stock mud guards at first, but also didn't have it fully leveled then. Have had no problems with the current setup!

Camp_Llama

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

Thanks for the reply! I was just curious. I've actually already done the level to my truck so I'm hoping I'm in the clear to jump up a tire size haha.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

wrmmt - love where your rig is going!

Course it looks like the way ours is going - LOL. Kathy and I are big fans of sleeping in the shell - warmer, no wind blowing the sides around, good place to lock things up. One of these days I need to do a build thread to share what we have done.

We have family up in Bozeman, maybe the next time we are up there we could get together down town and have a brew or wine?

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

wrmmt - love where your rig is going!

Course it looks like the way ours is going - LOL. Kathy and I are big fans of sleeping in the shell - warmer, no wind blowing the sides around, good place to lock things up. One of these days I need to do a build thread to share what we have done.

We have family up in Bozeman, maybe the next time we are up there we could get together down town and have a brew or wine?
Yeah, I really like the simplicity of the set up. Definitely nice to be able to throw stuff in the back and lock it up, and it's nice to roll into camp and just be ready to go! Definitely some trade offs as with any setup, but I am really happy with how it's working.

Definitely let me know when you're in town, always up for a drink and a chat!

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Been busy as usual and haven't gotten started on the power systems yet, but I think I have decided to go with the National Luna system, some blue sea fuses, and a solar panel on top of the roof rack. Now I just need to get everything ordered and start running some wires...

In the mean time, I got some MaxTrax and mounted them on the rack this evening. The holes on the MaxTrax don't really line up with the slats on the rack all that well, but it doesn't look like its going anywhere. Need to fine tune it a little, but it looks like it should work well!

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
You are going to love the mazzulla midtravel kit, i have the bajakits midtravel kit on my 2015 silverado, 12" of travel with 4x4

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

You are going to love the mazzulla midtravel kit, i have the bajakits midtravel kit on my 2015 silverado, 12" of travel with 4x4
Nice, good to hear! Can't wait to get it done, still going to have to wait a little though, have a few things to check off the list before I really start saving for the mid travel... darn if it wasn't so pricey haha!

What size tires are you running, and are you running full glass bedsides or something else?

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
You probably already saw my pics, 35" toyo rts on 17" method mesh and yea fiberglass front and rear
Fun fact about my glass, im running the first ever made rear fiberglass fenders for a 6.5' bed 14-17yr silverado. Fiberwerx used my truck as guinea pig to make the mold super cool when i went to their fab shop in mexico

twiget

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

On the Road
Member #

Thanks for posting your build. It looks like we have very similar plans for our trucks, though you are further along than I.

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

You probably already saw my pics, 35" toyo rts on 17" method mesh and yea fiberglass front and rear
Fun fact about my glass, im running the first ever made rear fiberglass fenders for a 6.5' bed 14-17yr silverado. Fiberwerx used my truck as guinea pig to make the mold super cool when i went to their fab shop in mexico
You have a great looking rig! That's a cool story about the glass, bet that was fun to get to go to their shop and all! I may try and get away without running glass, but well see when I get to that point, still have a ways to go I think...

Reactions: DezertRat

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

@Eric Haltom Thanks! Haha yeah, suppose that's why they include the orange straps. Luckily I don't run into too much sand around these parts!

Thanks for posting your build. It looks like we have very similar plans for our trucks, though you are further along than I.
Thanks! Glad you like it, am definitely going to be following your build and adventures! I would love to be able to do that kind of trip someday as well, hopefully I can figure it all out sooner rather than later...

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Thanks all for the comments! Well not a whole lot has happened with the Raven, but that is about to change. Been doing a lot of research and gathering parts, and I think this weekend will be time to dive into the power system. I am going to go with a dual battery set up with Blue Sea ML-ACR and fuses and an Optima Yellow top for the battery. I have a Renogy solar panel and controller I plan to hook up to the auxiliary battery.

Still have a few things to work out, but I think I can get most of it done this weekend before several weekend trips the coming weeks. Main thing I need to figure out is the charge controller, need to figure out where to put the thing and how to use it...

I am also putting together a center console "insert" that will hold some outlets from the auxiliary battery, a dual voltmeter, and a tablet for my navigation needs. I will try to get some progress pictures up in the next few days, but for now here is the wiring diagram I am working on for the power setup.

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Finally getting moving on the dual battery set up, didn't get as much done this weekend as I had been hoping, but its starting to come together. Have an optima yellow top in for the auxiliary battery and have some custom fuse and relay mounting brackets ready to go. Finished up the control center insert for the cab this evening so I am ready to finish wiring everything up now. Hopefully I can get it finished the next couple days! Here are a few pictures of the progress so far.

Installed the battery in the factory second battery tray, hooked into the first Blue Sea fuse holder.

The console insert for the controls mocked up in the truck

A couple views of the mostly finished control center with all the goodies installed. Need to finish up the wiring but otherwise it should be pretty close!

Reactions: dolli310

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Took a lot longer than I had planned/hoped, but finally got the dual battery setup all together and running. Have a little wiring clean up to do, but it is all ready for the solar panel now. Haven't really tested it out, but have had a weekend camping trip with it and it worked as expected. Definitely nice to have somewhere to charge the phone and tablet for maps while out adventuring. Next step is to set up the solar panel, need to figure out where to put the solar controller and get it all wired up, hopefully I can get that done sometime in the next few weeks. Then need to get an inverter wired up to the bed, also have a small fridge coming soon, so it seems to be all coming together! Ill try to get some more/better pics, but here are a few for now:

New console insert/control panel setup:
Tablet for maps/navigation
Blue Sea dual battery switch
Dual voltage monitor, both sides wired to on/off switches
USB outlet
12v cigarette plug outlet

Dual Battery Setup in engine bay:
Blue Sea ML-ACR relay
Blue Sea fuse boxes
Blue Sea auxiliary fuse box
Optima yellow top battery