Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Prost
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Prost
Hey Everyone,

I just recently joined the community as I have found myself on here a ton lately looking at builds and just so many amazing rigs on here.
I am in the process of looking for a vehicle to start on.

What are some things to look for as far maintenance before upgrading the suspension racks, sleeping platforms on a 2010 4Runner with 139k miles on it.
My buddy works at a dealership and wants me to get a Rubicon as i am planning to just travel the country and stop working for awhile so price point does matter.

The 4runner will be roughly 250-300 a Month verse a Jeep Rubicon 2013 with 62k miles on it would be $438.

I am just such a novice in this area I just want to know what concerns I should have with 4Runner as the dealership friend starts saying the waterpump would need to be replaced ,the CV axles and the timing chain.
Through my research on here alone shows the chain should be fine for awhile with 139k on the vehicle and no accidents.

Because once i get the vehicle i plan to get it all ready with a decent set up to travel across the country for awhile.

Any opinions, information and links are appreciated. If I sound uninformed about any bits probably cause I am and sorry I am here to learn.
The price point only matters because well less monthly cost in the vehicle the more can invest into it right away and also keep traveling longer without seasonal jobs to keep it a float.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

If you are going to lift it consider upgrading or at least replacing some steering components.
Have a great time on the road! Sounds like a really fun opportunity you have!

Prost

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Prost
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Prost
If you are going to lift it consider upgrading or at least replacing some steering components.
Have a great time on the road! Sounds like a really fun opportunity you have!
any links or areas i can research up on this to help? and i appreciate it as id much rather get the 4runner and beable to do more and have it be reliable