Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

Our Pilot
Spotted this on your spare tire video. Looks like a good solid repair on the uni-body subframe support. Annual winter applications of salt/brine in the NE states doom plenty of vehicles up here. E50FC51E-AA9A-43B9-AA97-08AF51F966E5.jpeg

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Spotted this on your spare tire video. Looks like a good solid repair on the uni-body subframe support. Annual winter applications of salt/brine in the NE states doom plenty of vehicles up here. View attachment 185718
I was wondering who would notice that first! Overall I have very little rust, but that didn't stop the trouble spot from appearing. I was able to weld a saddle and bolt it in from the sides and through the top. So far so good!

Reactions: aggrex

05XPeyelutt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Lee
@b0wfin I watched your video earlier. I tried to put the full size spare I picked up from the junk yard underneath, it was a no go. I'm sure it could fit just fine filled up, but I didn't want to chance any rubbing with the rear end. Plus I've never had good experiences with spares lol so its in the rack on top until I can figure out a hatch mount or something.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

@b0wfin I watched your video earlier. I tried to put the full size spare I picked up from the junk yard underneath, it was a no go. I'm sure it could fit just fine filled up, but I didn't want to chance any rubbing with the rear end. Plus I've never had good experiences with spares lol so its in the rack on top until I can figure out a hatch mount or something.
I am sorry to hear that. You can also store it deflated and carry an air pump. What kind of rubbing are you worried about?

05XPeyelutt

Rank 0

Traveler I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sonny
Last Name
Lee
True, I could.
When I attempted to install the spare where the crappy donut was, it was touching the rear differential. I could just see it rubbing away at the tire tread over time, so I opted to throw it in the rack in a rooftop bag until I can figure out what I want to do.

b0wfin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

True, I could.
When I attempted to install the spare where the crappy donut was, it was touching the rear differential. I could just see it rubbing away at the tire tread over time, so I opted to throw it in the rack in a rooftop bag until I can figure out what I want to do.
It will touch the subframe, but the subframe doesn't move. My spare has been stored in this manner for years without any issues. To each his own :)

aggrex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DE
First Name
Victor
Last Name
M
Member #

2007 Honda Pilot axle replacement video!
Just finished watching the axle repair. Glad everything worked out and the Pilot Overland rides again! If I lived closer I would have given you a hand or two LOL

Gonzo84

Rank I

Contributor III

Poland
First Name
Grzegorz
Last Name
Prażmo
Hello. This is my version of the rear spring spacers. Now I'm in the process of making the forward. Everything is done in-house. Moog springs

Attachments

Reactions: aggrex

Gonzo84

Rank I

Contributor III

Poland
First Name
Grzegorz
Last Name
Prażmo
Tomorrow I will post photos of what it looks like on the car. I'm glad it turned out pretty cool.