2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 Overland Build (Codename : Tigger) Picture Heavy

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
I may have missed it, but did you also do the front differential breather as well? I saw your rear dif breather pics

reaver

Rank V

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'm hoping to get an arb bull bar and 8,000lb winch in the spring
Are you planning on replacing the torsion bars with heavy duty ones? The stock bars aren't designed to handle that kind of weight. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Dusther210

ryno9562

Rank V

Member III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

ryno9562

Rank V

Member III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I may have missed it, but did you also do the front differential breather as well? I saw your rear dif breather pics
No the front diff and t-case all go up to the top of the bell housing so I didn't see it necessary. I don't see my self going that deep of water. This is my overland rig so I don't get too crazy with this thing. It spends more time on the interstate than anything. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks every few months of off-road travel. I like to think of it as my destination rig not a trail rig if that makes sense.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
No the front diff and t-case all go up to the top of the bell housing so I didn't see it necessary. I don't see my self going that deep of water. This is my overland rig so I don't get too crazy with this thing. It spends more time on the interstate than anything. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks every few months of off-road travel. I like to think of it as my destination rig not a trail rig if that makes sense.
I get it. After putting M/Ts on I really started to notice how much of our trips are highway lol. On the last trip the only dirt was the camp site (looks like the trip to Lake Placid will be the same). It wasn’t too hard to add a breather to the front dif, but I was too lazy to do the tcase.

ryno9562

Rank V

Member III

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I get it. After putting M/Ts on I really started to notice how much of our trips are highway lol. On the last trip the only dirt was the camp site (looks like the trip to Lake Placid will be the same). It wasn’t too hard to add a breather to the front dif, but I was too lazy to do the tcase.
Well I look at it like this. If I'm going somewhere that requires that deep of a water crossing then I should probably be in a boat. LOL

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
Well I look at it like this. If I'm going somewhere that requires that deep of a water crossing then I should probably be in a boat. LOL
Lol
I’ve made the mistake of saying “it doesn’t look too deep” enough times (…and replaced an engine) to give myself some extra margin of security. This winter both of my rigs will get the tcase breather added. I’ve accidentally turned the frontier into a boat on too many occasions lol

• Haha
Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank V

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Lol
I’ve made the mistake of saying “it doesn’t look too deep” enough times (…and replaced an engine) to give myself some extra margin of security. This winter both of my rigs will get the tcase breather added. I’ve accidentally turned the frontier into a boat on too many occasions lol
I laugh, but it's not really funny. I was behind a friend of mine, as he took his foam sided trailer through a river once. It started floating, as did his Cherokee Chief. I opted not to cross the river, and camped on the opposite side that night. They had to come back across to get out anyways.

Figured it wasn't worth the risk.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
Lol
I laugh, but it's not really funny. I was behind a friend of mine, as he took his foam sided trailer through a river once. It started floating, as did his Cherokee Chief. I opted not to cross the river, and camped on the opposite side that night. They had to come back across to get out anyways.

Figured it wasn't worth the risk.
Feel free to laugh at my situation, hope all worked out for your friend

reaver

Rank V

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yeah, he made it through just fine, as did a guy in a subaru outback. Flooding my engine is a big fear of mine. I have neither the skills or money to replace it right now, if that were to happen.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
Yeah, he made it through just fine, as did a guy in a subaru outback. Flooding my engine is a big fear of mine. I have neither the skills or money to replace it right now, if that were to happen.
That’s good. Flooding is definitely bad. You considering a snorkel?

reaver

Rank V

Traveler III

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I am, but it's pretty low on the list. I need tires, skid plates, fix my aux switches, paint my drawers, build my trailer, lif the frontier, new tires for the Fronty, and some other stuff first. Then maybe I'll consider a snorkel.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Palisades Park, NJ 07650
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD2UNH
I am, but it's pretty low on the list. I need tires, skid plates, fix my aux switches, paint my drawers, build my trailer, lif the frontier, new tires for the Fronty, and some other stuff first. Then maybe I'll consider a snorkel.

Just a few things lol. For a minute I thought you were talking about my trucks lol #NissanTruckLife

• Haha
Reactions: reaver