obchristo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Christo
Last Name
Kuzmich
Has anyone used a "Roll a Table"? Im thinking of trying them. Seem quite interesting.

I have 2 of them and have used one of them for at least 20 years and the other only a year or 2 less. Very happy with them.

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I have 2 of them and have used one of them for at least 20 years and the other only a year or 2 less. Very happy with them.
Are they pretty sturdy when set up or do they move around and wobble a bit?
I really like that they are made in America...

obchristo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Christo
Last Name
Kuzmich
Are they pretty sturdy when set up or do they move around and wobble a bit?
I really like that they are made in America...
None of mine or any of the ones my friends have owned or the Kayak company I worked with ever failed- so I would call them sturdy- but they do flex around a bit due to being so light and the only connection between the legs and the table is a relatively short threaded stud at the top of the leg and a nutsert in the table. My 2 have survived my drunken bachelor years and 5 years of YMCA Dad/Daughter Adventure Guides. Besides some stains- they are still going strong. I spent 27 years working in the Outdoor Industry as a salesperson, guide and retail buyer for a upper end outdoor specialty chain and have seen and owned a lot of gear over the years. I think Camp Time makes some of the best products out there. Their Roll a Tables are great and their Roll A Cot is awesome.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,
I have this one from REi since 5years now: REI Co-op Kingdom Low Table | REI Co-op
Yes, quite small and low, but it works perfectly for me. I like the fold-up mechanism and the little bag. The wooden plate makes it really nice.
Cheers, Bjoern

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I cut out a 3/4 in piece of OSB that fits in my cargo area floor. When the hatch is open it slides between the seal lip and bumper and I have a 2x4 cut as a single leg for the end of the table with a bolt that drops it to keep it from getting kicked out.

Reactions: Big G

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I use a lifetime type table, love it, pretty sturdy, easy clean up and hold good amount of weight, got 2 of them.....

Jim

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Has anyone used a "Roll a Table"? Im thinking of trying them. Seem quite interesting.

I've had a roll a table since the 80's. It has been very durable, but now the covering is cracking. One thing I learned early on was to run a piece of string across the center and using tent stakes at each end of the string to stake it down. It helps with the stability and you don't have to search for it after that hike you went on.(wind)

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Ordered this about a month ago. Used it a few times now. It's not height adjustable but is just the right height for me and gave me a lot more space and more stability than I did have.

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
i have one similar to this, however mine is ANCIENT... from when my mother was a kid going camping.. it sits about 28inches off the ground, and
Hdf2d6320b1b94f968a2f08cdb4e1be5cv.jpg
60dfc78876538a6cc1ca501a9c48ee3d.jpg

legs are a similar design, but the slats on mine fit in between 2 bars, and the slats are attached together by a strip of leather not nylon..

Last edited:

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

i have one similar to this, however mine is ANCIENT... from when my mother was a kid going camping.. it sits about 28inches off the ground, and
View attachment 158848
View attachment 158849

legs are a similar design, but the slats on mine fit in between 2 bars, and the slats are attached together by a strip of leather not nylon..
That looks like an Army cot legs with a roll up top, interesting! What keeps the table top from getting bumped off?

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
That looks like an Army cot legs with a roll up top, interesting! What keeps the table top from getting bumped off?
the last slat has holes that plug into the dowel ends it stretches the top, mine on the other hand compresses the slats between the 2 lateral pieces... I'll snag a pic when i get home...

PNWoffroader

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Means
I got the mountain summit gear table earlier this year and it has been a game changer for me it packs up super small and is light enough for my 7 year old to carry.

Reactions: Wallygator

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I also use this one and really like it. I wish they made a slightly longer version for 6 people
which table? There is no link. I see the Amazon “a” but it isn’t a link. It’s like this site is stripping something out.

4D9C27CB-991D-404D-9F47-49F1DE93E171.jpeg

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
The best table I have ever owned is this collapsable wood roll top table. Its about 30x30, and almost 16 years old. I have replaced several broken plastic parts with parts I 3d printed, and I am about to remake all the slats, because the original ones have been bacon greased and sanded down multiple times, and are warping pretty good now.
I have never seen this particular table since I bought it back in 04. Its very stable on uneven terrain, and when the slats were flat, it was quite a nice surface too.

Attachments

Last edited:

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

View attachment 158848
View attachment 158849

That's a thing of beauty. Teak perhaps? That tempts me to head to Woodworkers Source and make one, just for the sheer ostentatiousness of the object. Kind of like a six piece bamboo fly rod with an Everett Garrison taper. So desirable, even if not the most "current" technological fashion.

Taco-Pop

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Five Points, Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Price
Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a HAM, just need license- open to suggestions

I've had one without adjustable legs for about 17 years. It's not gotten a lot of use but it's held up. I came the forum because I want to find something better. The plastic keeps us from putting a hot item on it. And screwing the legs in can be a little tricky, but not hard. I'm hoping to find a similar sized metal table.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
The plastic keeps us from putting a hot item on it.
I know it might sound like 1 more item to pack but I keep 2 silicone trivets (or hot pads) in my camp kitchen for times likes this. The Dollar Tree has em for $1 and Lodge and other manufacturers make thicker ones for more. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: Shahn and Mike G