Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Getting ready for overland camping and need recommendations for good, packable table for cooking and eating.
Tried GCI folding tables, which were great except too slippery.
Any tables you've found to work well?
note: Trailgater for Jeep is backordered. not sure when when it will arrive.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

BLACK_BETTY

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
Member #

I have been debating on a couple of the 6 foot by 18" wide lifetime tables. I have had many of their products and they hold up to abuse. I am building my own bed rack and was gonna make a spot to slide them in right under the RTT. Would also provide a little more rain protection over the bed but that is just a bonus not a reason as it will be minor.

My only concern is the single leg on each end will make it a little more difficult to stabilize in rough terrain.

alia176

Rank I

Contributor III

I have couple of the aforementioned tables and for one reason or another didn't like them. Mainly, I didn't like their weight so I made a simple 24"x48" alum table for under the RTT storage. Around 12 pounds and lives on the landcruiser full time. The resin Lifetime tables are very stout and I keep one on the Kamparoo.

Attachments

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I like the Lifetime adjustable folding table. It adjusts to 3 different heights. Wal-Mart has them in Black, but it's not made by Lifetime.
You can buy them at The Home Depot for around $35.View attachment 91950
they look like the ones being sold in a DIY store here in the UK. obviously they're being sold for a higher price as per everything here in England.

I was holding off until I read some actual reviews and not just self posted reviews by the company.

Reactions: Mike G

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I have a Cabela's table that works well and folds up nicely. They go on sale for about $90 CDN occasionally.

untitled.png

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

I have couple of the aforementioned tables and for one reason or another didn't like them. Mainly, I didn't like their weight so I made a simple 24"x48" alum table for under the RTT storage. Around 12 pounds and lives on the landcruiser full time. The resin Lifetime tables are very stout and I keep one on the Kamparoo.
Looks perfect. I found comm'l SS tables online that look great and EAT less than FrontRunner's, but I haven't found brackets with which to hang it from my FrontRunner rack.
Questions: How do you mount and secure it to your roof rack? Any pictures of your setup would be appreciated. Thanks

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
I have the Front Runner Pro table mounted under my FR Slimline II rack and I love it. It's pricey, but since it's always on the Jeep (takes up no space) I use it constantly when working on the Jeep, camping, etc. The stainless top gets a little grubby but sanding it down each spring and coating it with food grade oil keeps it decent.

Also built well. I think it's power-coated aluminum, stainless, and a plastic edge. Can't recommend it enough.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I like the Lifetime adjustable folding table. It adjusts to 3 different heights. Wal-Mart has them in Black, but it's not made by Lifetime.
You can buy them at The Home Depot for around $35.View attachment 91950
This is the same table I carry. It's worked extremely well. If I can ever afford the Frontrunner rack for my X though, I'm going to look into one of their tables to go with it just for ease of storage.

Reactions: Mike G

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hey I wonder if anyone can answer this question? I have a Hannibal Roof Rack on my defender and wondered if I could buy / manufacture a method of storing a table on the underside of the roof rack similar to the Frontrunner options?

cheers all

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Hey I wonder if anyone can answer this question? I have a Hannibal Roof Rack on my defender and wondered if I could buy / manufacture a method of storing a table on the underside of the roof rack similar to the Frontrunner options?

cheers all
Was at Backwoods Overland last night and learned that the FR rails for mounting its tables below the FR rack have some important features. One is rubber pieces to secure the table and prevent vibration & noise.b
I, too, would like to find comparable design or a source to make similar brackets for a different SS table with different dimensions.

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Was at Backwoods Overland last night and learned that the FR rails for mounting its tables below the FR rack have some important features. One is rubber pieces to secure the table and prevent vibration & noise.b
I, too, would like to find comparable design or a source to make similar brackets for a different SS table with different dimensions.
I made this one work with my Gamivit rack
K9 Camp Table Mount

Reactions: Schake

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
This is my extra table. Nice and compact, amazon.com/dp/B007PIRI8M/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_1baSCbYA83MMC (Not sure why this site always converts Amazon links to media files...)

I like the Lifetime table that Costco sells. The legs are more rugged than the fold in half Lifetime tables. I own both. Also any of the rolltop aluminum tables are pretty good. I own an Alps or similar brand. Many options....