Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Was at Backwoods Overland last night and learned that the FR rails for mounting its tables below the FR rack have some important features. One is rubber pieces to secure the table and prevent vibration & noise.b
I, too, would like to find comparable design or a source to make similar brackets for a different SS table with different dimensions.
I did some priliminary investigations and discovered that it wouldn't work. there isn't enough clearance between the roof and the rack to mount a table. clearly the Frontrunner racks sit higher from the vehicle than Hannibal.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
We've got two:

The REI roll table is the one we use for cooking. It provides plenty of space for our dual burner propane stove, with a 1-lb propane tank attached, as well as prep space – plates, raw foods, spices, utensils, etc. It packs down very nicely and is easy to setup/breakdown.

The GCI compact table we use next to our chairs just to have some nice space to put a drink, dinnerware while we're eating, play some checkers, etc. And that one also collapses down to be super compact.

Reactions: Schake

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I love my Frontrunner original design table, I have seen the new ones in person but the basic old one has been on 3 different rigs and gets abused as a food table, welding table, field repair bench and more.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I've been reasonably happy with this: but it looks like maybe it's out of production or something? The main cross bars that you snap in across the length of the table like to pop back out if you move the table around at all, which is annoying. But overall it packs down small and as silly as it might seem, the storage basket underneath is SUPER handy. I actually hang the side along one of the long dimensions of the table slightly lower than the intended spots for the hooks to make it easier to get into. Then my ziplocks with things like cutlery, seasoning etc. along with paper plates/bowls/towels all get tossed under there. I usually throw one of my collapsible water jugs on it to make a hand/dish washing station on one corner, and that seems to keep it pretty stable.

If it was about 20% bigger and about 20% better quality it'd be an absolute winner. But for now, it works.

-TJ

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I second the REI roll top table. Stable as heck and pretty compact. For a JKU fits the bill nicely. I also have the Alpine Mountain Gear roll top kitchen table which is pretty handy but don’t think as solid as the REI.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnMyWaypoint

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Since I'm into comfort camping tases days and I pack all my camping gear in my trailer I use a couple of those 6' plastic tables.

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

I'm a 48" Lifetime table (Costco) fan. I have a Tacoma, so it slides in between my bins in the back. Yes, it is slickery, but I've used a combination of 3M Urethane protectant tape (for traction/increased friction) and leveling. I like the single axis height adjustability and the size. Oh, and it fits all my coffee accouterments.

201911_rimroad-2.jpg

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm a 48" Lifetime table (Costco) fan. I have a Tacoma, so it slides in between my bins in the back. Yes, it is slickery, but I've used a combination of 3M Urethane protectant tape (for traction/increased friction) and leveling. I like the single axis height adjustability and the size. Oh, and it fits all my coffee accouterments.

View attachment 136347
I have one about that size and I'm looking at getting the one with the stove stand attached to it in a couple weeks.

Reactions: John-Scott

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
We use the 48" Lifetime table too. It fits right behind the rear seat in our van. Plus, it's cheap, sturdy, and height adjustable. Even cheaper because we already had it before we got our van. Kinda heavy, though. Did I mention it's cheap?

In addition, we have a little folding table, a GSI, I think, that we can set between our chairs and put drinks and plates on. And we have a tailgater that I use when I'm by myself instead of toting around the Lifetime.

Reactions: TerryD and 64Trvlr

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
We bought a Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen. Weighs about 25 lbs and folds up to about 40 l x 7 h x 20 w. Open it has the wire side table and a wire rack underneath and the back hold utensils , spices, etc. Had it for a couple of years and so far we like it.
amazon.com/gp/product/B00363WZSS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1IMG_0895_01.jpg

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
Personally I also use the lifetime table, it’s been great and folds up small. The only issue I’ve had is with condensation building up on it and it gets super slick when it does. But for a cheap table it does the trick.

If I had the money to spend and was worried about the space, Darche makes a table almost double the size that packs up small. They’re also very sturdy and light. There’s also a smaller size of the table.

Darche Traka Table - 1800

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I like the Lifetime adjustable folding table. It adjusts to 3 different heights. Wal-Mart has them in Black, but it's not made by Lifetime.
You can buy them at The Home Depot for around $35.View attachment 91950
Another vote for the cheap readily available Lifetime tables at HD! They fold up nicely and I typically carry a couple of them.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
The Lifetime tables are great but take up a lot of space. Like previous one posted Alps Mountaineering makes some good solid tables that pack up nice, more expensive but hopefully I'll get a bonus at work soon and can buy a couple of them. I need to reduce how much space my Overlanding items take up.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Has anyone used a "Roll a Table"? Im thinking of trying them. Seem quite interesting.