WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rock Sliders

• HTML tutorial

Jordan Matney

Rank 0

Traveler I

Denver
Anyone have any experience installing the Mopar RR that are an option when buying the Trailhawk? My friend at the dealer said his mechanic told him, that its a NIGHTMARE to install.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Anyone have any experience installing the Mopar RR that are an option when buying the Trailhawk? My friend at the dealer said his mechanic told him, that its a NIGHTMARE to install.
It’s not hard, just annoying cause of the foam so it takes awhile. Chief just released their sliders too which look really nice.

Jordan Matney

Rank 0

Traveler I

Denver
It’s not hard, just annoying cause of the foam so it takes awhile. Chief just released their sliders too which look really nice.
So my buddy at the dealer, said his tech told him that when adding the MRR it bends the vehicle and out of the three that he’s installed there’s been issues closing the door.

WHAT?!

I’ve installed the old MRR that had the tube on them on a 2011 Overland and never ran into issues like that before.

Vin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, Texas
Member #

Jordan,

I went with a set of rock rails from Uneek 4x4. They are an Australian company, but a U.S. company in Florida imports their products.

The rails are not that bad to install. Jeep sprays foam behind the sheet metal ( I assume as a sound or heat barrier). This will have to be scrapped or drilled out prior to mounting any hardware, but it's not difficult to do. I would suggest having someone to help you hold one end of the rail while you secure the other end.

The opening and closing of the doors has not been affected in any way by the addition of the rock rails. With twelve points of attachment per rail they are mounted very securely to the vehicle. I use the rails and the attached sliders all the time to access gear on the roof rack, and they've already withstood a few good whacks that would have seriously mangled the plastic fascia they replaced.

Neither the Jeep nor the rails need to be bent during installation. Fit and finish are great.

If you would like the contact information for the U.S. importer just let me know. I highly, highly recommend these rails.

Good luck,

Vin

Reactions: Jordan Matney