Windrock Shenanigans - March 22-24, 2019

• HTML tutorial

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

A few of us from the Nashville, TN thread showed interest in exploring Windrock OR park.

Lets figure out time/place and camping plans. We'll plan to leave Friday afternoon, return Sunday.

If you're interested post up in here!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
A few of us from the Nashville, TN thread showed interest in exploring Windrock OR park.

Lets figure out time/place and camping plans. We'll plan to leave Friday afternoon, return Sunday.

I'm coming.

Reactions: Dave_brez

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Nah. Bring future son in law. Wife will be at dress appointments with offspring. Wedding in November. They live in Knox. Glad you are putting this together.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Hey Dave, you get a head count yet?

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

No sir. Currently It’s looking like we’ll have a nice small group. Initially we had about 5 people interested.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Has anyone reserved their campsite yet? I was probably going to do that tomorrow, although I havent even looked at their website yet.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Has anyone reserved their campsite yet? I was probably going to do that tomorrow, although I havent even looked at their website yet.
Looks like there’s about 20 primitive campsites open. Max occupancy is 6. I’ll call today and reserve one. They all kind of look the same to me. I’ll let y’all know what campsite number.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I booked primitive campsite 26.

Told them we'll have at least 3 adults, and asked if there would be an up charge if more showed up. She didn't seem to care. She said: "only call back if you need to book another site." Blue circles show where it is on the map (2 campsite photos below).

I'm happy to share this site with 1 or 2 of y'all, but feel free to grab your own reservation if you want.

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Booked 13 this morning, looks like it is right around the corner. I think I'm going to drive the amigo so we'll be tenting it.

Zachgreen36

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lafayette, TN, USA
Member #

New to the group and overlanding but I may be able to tag along if y'all will have me I'm from North of Nashville in Macon county

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Yep! Sorry been a minute since I logged in. What's the skeletal game plan?
The plan is leave Friday afternoon (22nd) and meet at Windrock. I would propose times, but I'm not 100% sure when I can sneak out of work. Y'all might be able to caravan. Ideally I'd like to hit 1 or 2 easy trails Friday eve, then go back to camp and chill. But depending on how late it is, it might be nice to just "meet n' eat" that night and make a solid Saturday game plan as a group. Saturday = wheelin'!. Sunday go home.

All I did was pick dates, but your adventure is up to you :smirk:

New to the group and overlanding but I may be able to tag along if y'all will have me I'm from North of Nashville in Macon county
All are welcome! check out windrockpark.com to book a campsite. I'm new to the park, so the plan is to start easy and explore. From what I hear there is something for everyone. I know @Stickman has enough armor for just about any trail. :smiley:

If you don't feel comfortable there might be a seat or 2 open in other's vehicles.

Reactions: Zachgreen36

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Looking forward to this trip. Took Friday off so might head down early. Sneak out of work early. Tell them you have explosive diarrhea and it might be contagious. No one will argue with that.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Looking forward to this trip. Took Friday off so might head down early. Sneak out of work early. Tell them you have explosive diarrhea and it might be contagious. No one will argue with that.
Haha! I plan to leave early afternoon, hopefully around 1pm

Reactions: Theo