Who's all going to Overland Expo West 2018?

• HTML tutorial

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

My buddy and I will be rolling in some time mid morning on Friday. Here is are planned route:

The different track colors indicate days. We'll be camping overnight on the way down.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
Will be monitoring HAM 146.460 on the drive and at Expo with my handheld.

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

The OB base camp is full, however I have some space around me near the entrance. Black Power Wagon, OB door magnet, next to the GlobalRoadTrekker EarthRoamer. Ya'll are welcome to join.

John~SWNM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Unfortunately my wife and I will be missing it. Instead we'll be out on the NMBDR with our dog's getting away from civilization as much as we can. I hope everyone going to the expo has a great time.

Sent from my E6810 using OB Talk mobile app

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Hope you all had as much fun as I did!

I am sure I met many of you without even realizing it since I was working at the check in booth / HQ! What a great event

Mike Q

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye, Arizona, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Q
Member #

I attended the expo Saturday. For my first expo It was exciting and overwhelmed with all the people and products. I have an idea of how I will be adding to my trailer. I meet a few member and I also met Michael the founder. He is a cool in person as he is on the videos. I most definitely will be attending the four day even next year. I HAD A BLAST

Reactions: phxdsrtrat

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

Had so much fun coming up with new ideas looking at everything. However, does anyone else feel that everything seem to cost WAY more expensive than I thought it should?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mike Q

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye, Arizona, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Q
Member #

You are not alone. The price ranges on the trailers , products was ridiculous..... but the overall experience for my first expo was priceless... I’m glad I waited to see what direction I will take with building and adding items to my trailer.

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

Mike Q, absolutely. I’m about the 101 and 67th ave.

Reactions: Mike Q

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

I attended the expo Saturday. For my first expo It was exciting and overwhelmed with all the people and products. I have an idea of how I will be adding to my trailer. I meet a few member and I also met Michael the founder. He is a cool in person as he is on the videos. I most definitely will be attending the four day even next year. I HAD A BLAST
I hear ya. After attending the expo I came up with some more modifications for my trailer also. Little things, but every little thing makes things just a little better. Same exact thing happened last year after I went. The original manufacturer had some new things I'll be incorporating and I showed them some changes I had made that they seem excited about incorporating into newer models of their Terradrop.

-Curtiss

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

We should do a west valley meet up, I can never seem to make the one in Tempe, if it’s still going.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
My head is still spinning!!! Sooooo much info., Sooooo many ideas, Sooooo under-budgeted for what we would like to do. We spent a good share of the ride home discussing various ideas for the van and agreed that we did a pretty good job of not impulse buying (we almost bought a trailer on Saturday :coldsweat:). We will be back next year, but will do things a bit differently.

I need to think about something else for a few days. Then I'll start going through all the info. we collected and all the pictures we took and get back to laying out our build.

Reactions: itsdchz and Mike Q

JeepBounder

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Prescott, AZ
Member #

This was my first time attending the expo; however I spent more time in classes than vendor booths so I missed out on seeing a lot of the cool stuff. What a great group of people to hang around with.

Reactions: Mike Q and itsdchz