who likes bacon :)

• HTML tutorial

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Gotta get them more crispy. Then drop some eggs in the bacon's fat still in the pan. Yummm.
I’m not a American bacon lover but it’s the only thing closest in canada and US bacon to English bacon that’s why I don’t like crispy bacon. I like mine still floppy.

Canadian bacon is close but they cure it before selling it which means it drys it out when serving.

I went to a butcher and asked for raw English bacon. He delivered it and it was smoked. Smoking cooks it.

I want raw green bacon that shimmers multi colours when looking at the flesh.

Reactions: Road and 64Trvlr

Will I Am

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Layton, Utah
Member #

I’m not a American bacon lover but it’s the only thing closest in canada and US bacon to English bacon that’s why I don’t like crispy bacon. I like mine still floppy.

Canadian bacon is close but they cure it before selling it which means it drys it out when serving.

I went to a butcher and asked for raw English bacon. He delivered it and it was smoked. Smoking cooks it.

Local Costco here has raw uncured not smoked bacon only problem is they only sell it in 5 pound batches and that is just way too much of that stuff for me!

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, BACON!!!!

A bacon with bacon and egg sammich can't be beat. It's even better with bacon on the side.

When I was a young guy I thought the one pound packages of bacon were a single serving along with a half dozen eggs.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I love bacon because it goes with so many foods, my favorite way to enjoy bacon is bacon on bacon on bacon, served with a side of bacon and bacon for desert.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra

Sounds like the crap they tried to pass off as bacon in Italy,

Shayhan27

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Pervere
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So my little brother Logan (11), makes a wonderful candied bacon (best in an air fryer due to sugar).

Place desired amount of bacon in freezer bag.
Add brown sugar (like 2 tablespoons depending on amount of bacon)
A pinch of cumin
Chile powder (to desired heat level)

Close and shake bag vigorously to coat.

Now air fry, pan fry, or even bake to desired crsipness.

Enjoy.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I've been buying the pre-cooked packaged bacon more and more for trips because it doesn't need refrigerated and is much faster and easier to heat up and use for things. I can make a toasted bagel bacon egg and cheese in about 10 minutes for breakfast and that is amazing to me. If I had to cook the bacon it would require a lot more fuss and time.

IMG_1555.jpg

Reactions: grubworm