Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Sadly I think Overlanding has ceased to exist almost worldwide due to Covid-19 and many of us are feeling imprisoned. I personally find living at home really difficult since our 2 years on the road and not being able to even escape at the weekends has just intensified the feelings.

Restrictions are easing but sadly at different rates through the home nations which make this more difficult for some but I think we will all need to think carefully about events and meets we are willing to attend. Some members have expressed that big group meets are not for them for the time being where as others are happy to go to shows so everyone needs to look at their own situation and risk factors to make the decision.

But support from OB will be there as long as you are following local government guidelines whether it is a 2 or 20 vehicle meet to something like the Late Adventure Overland Show and all members are equally important.

So what ever trips anyone is planning let me know how I can support you and please share your trips so other members can see what you have been up to. Our membership is still growing here in the UK specifically and I'm happy to see more and more members being active within our forums etc.

Stay safe everyone and here's looking to getting back to overlanding normality.

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Sadly I think Overlanding has ceased to exist almost worldwide due to Covid-19 and many of us are feeling imprisoned. I personally find living at home really difficult since our 2 years on the road and not being able to even escape at the weekends has just intensified the feelings.

Restrictions are easing but sadly at different rates through the home nations which make this more difficult for some but I think we will all need to think carefully about events and meets we are willing to attend. Some members have expressed that big group meets are not for them for the time being where as others are happy to go to shows so everyone needs to look at their own situation and risk factors to make the decision.

But support from OB will be there as long as you are following local government guidelines whether it is a 2 or 20 vehicle meet to something like the Late Adventure Overland Show and all members are equally important.

So what ever trips anyone is planning let me know how I can support you and please share your trips so other members can see what you have been up to. Our membership is still growing here in the UK specifically and I'm happy to see more and more members being active within our forums etc.

Stay safe everyone and here's looking to getting back to overlanding normality.
Well said - we're so looking forward to meeting up with people again once this Coronavirus madness and sadness is over (or at least manageable and safe for everyone). It'll be really nice to get out and about and start exploring and touring again.
DSC_0131 (2).JPG

Last edited:

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Looks like there are quite a few members roundabouts. I'm in Snowdonia, locked down tight against my will ........... Grrrrr!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello from Kent. What’s your plans for lockdown? I’m starting to fit the dc to dc charger to the hilux.
Lots of members upgrading and making changes to their vehicles at the moment as with lockdown we can’t travel sadly.
We are continuing with work on our new van including 47 litre water tank and other bits and pieces.

View attachment 183200

Bingham

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nottingham, UK
First Name
daniel
Last Name
bingham
Hi, only just set the app up, I'm in Nottinghamshire currently 4x4less but I'm looking for another disco 1.

Would be good to go out on a drive once we're allowed. Bloody covid making it difficult for everyone

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi, only just set the app up, I'm in Nottinghamshire currently 4x4less but I'm looking for another disco 1.

Would be good to go out on a drive once we're allowed. Bloody covid making it difficult for everyone
Welcome, Even it’s a vehicle we are all still dying to get back to our normal trips and meets.

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Love the disco 1. We have a 93 v8 currently in lockdown being resprayed

we are in Surrey and mostly travel in a d3 or a vw transporter.

WHEN lockdown finishes, we will get some meets going