Who carrys a firearm with them while camping?

• HTML tutorial

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Yes, but also melee weapons. I just like to haha.View attachment 269911
Been a sushi chef for 23 years and love sharpening blades. That spear could shave your face, or remove it completely. Took a while to sharpen. Profiled with 1000 grit, and polished at 4000 to 8000 grit. It's mirror polished haha.
Very nice. Blades never run out of ammo.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Every time. Better my family is safe and sound, than me being sorry i didnt bring my firearm with me. Do i take my ar? AK? no. i bring my 9mm Glock for self preservation, and the preservation of my family.

In todays society, you NEVER KNOW. Protect yourself, no body else is going to... nor do they have to.

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
I carry blades, but they take time to use. Timers vs switches? At 72, I’d rather just pull this out and be done with it. I’ve only had one people encounter making me nervous enough to to worry. Pretty stupid at that. Never camping.

Attachments

Pranqster

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Luis Obispo, CA
Member #

I’m just gonna toss this question out there. Why?, because I hear the “ criminal “ argument all the time. It is the go to bumper sticker saying. When was the last time a criminal committed a mass shooting? The answer is extraordinarily rarely, a negligible percentage that one could say with confidence, - none. They have all been law abiding citizens that have either legally purchased, or borrowed a legally purchased weapon from parents or friends. It took nearly 20 years to get “tommy” guns off the streets after they were made illegal. First steps need to be taken, one step at a time.
Educate yourself. Most mass shootings are committed by a certain sub-set of hood rats.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Educate yourself. Most mass shootings are committed by a certain sub-set of hood rats.
Not to mention that numerous mass shootings, or what would have been, have been ended swiftly by an armed citizen before the cops ever arrived. That right there is plenty of reason to support concealed carry by law abiding citizens.

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
Not really true. At all.

Two-Thirds of Mass Shootings Linked to Domestic Violence

1. DV-related — at least one victim of a mass shooting was a dating partner or family member of the perpetrator;
2. History of DV — the perpetrator had a history of DV, but the mass shooting was not directed toward partners or family members; or
3. Non-DV-related — the victims were not partners or family members, and the perpetrator did not have any mentions of a history of DV.

The analysis concludes that:

1. 59.1% (65 of the 110 total shootings) were DV-related;
2. 9.1% (10 of the 110 total mass shootings) were perpetrated by an individual with a history of DV;
3. 68.2% (75 of the 110 total shootings) were either DV or history of DV-related and;
4. 31.8% (35 of the 110 mass shootings) were non-DV-related.

The case fatality rate (CFR) for the four categories were as follows:

1. 83.7%: DV-related
2. 53.8%: history of DV
3. 63.1%: non-DV-related
4. 73.7%: hybrid DV category (DV and history of DV combined)

And i am not sure what the "hood rat" comment was supposed to mean but:

Between 1982 and December 2023, 80 out of the 149 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by White shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 26 mass shootings, and Latino in 12. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 54 percent, 17 percent, and eight percent respectively.

Reactions: Downs

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Not really true. At all.

1. DV-related — at least one victim of a mass shooting was a dating partner or family member of the perpetrator;
2. History of DV — the perpetrator had a history of DV, but the mass shooting was not directed toward partners or family members; or
3. Non-DV-related — the victims were not partners or family members, and the perpetrator did not have any mentions of a history of DV.

2. 9.1% (10 of the 110 total mass shootings) were perpetrated by an individual with a history of DV;
3. 68.2% (75 of the 110 total shootings) were either DV or history of DV-related and;

Between 1982 and December 2023, 80 out of the 149 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by White shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 26 mass shootings, and Latino in 12. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 54 percent, 17 percent, and eight percent respectively.
You're kind of indirectly proving his point, though - that the majority of shooters are in fact criminals.

Criminals involved in domestic violence, as it turns out.

The stats about the race of the perpetrators probably don't mean much of anything if you consider them alongside the demographic breakdown of the US population.

Reactions: Angel Rivera

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Not really true. At all.

having a record of domestic violence is an immeditae disqualifier of owning a firearm. therefore almost all mass shooting, as your post would indicate, are illegal owners of firearms.

MiamiC70

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

Not really true. At all.

How about this. I'll take my chances with mass shootings over giving up my 2A gun rights.
Full stop.

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
Not really true. At all.

What does this have to do with camping?

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Its telling that "mass shooting" figures almost always exclude gang shootings.
The numbers are all over the place. One organization considers any shooting INVOLVING more than 3 people to be a mass shooting, and "involving" is really used loosely. Oh, you shot yourself in the leg while cleaning your gun because you made poor firearm handling decisions and your family happened to be in the house? Mass shooting. That kind of deal.