St. Louis mo
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Mccue
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1mcq
Finally got my emblem #13713. Which is crazy since I saw someone post their badge #5000 something in just March 2017! This community is growing fast.

So I went to Home Depot and spent a good 30 min in the hardware section brainstorming how to do this.
IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2694.JPG

Here’s all the parts I got IMG_2683.JPG

I found something called an elevator bolt (middle bottom of the picture above) which was perfect. A large flat head. It honestly would have probably been just fine by itself with a washer on the back but I wanted more to contact the 3m adhesive so I got some of these rubber washers IMG_2684.JPG

Then I got a ring washer to push on the rubber washer but not the elevator bolt because the elevator bolt has a slight taper on the underhead IMG_2685.JPG

Then I went a little overkill. I put fender washer so there would be pressure on the large ring washer and the bolt. And then I wanted only rubber to contact the grill IMG_2686.JPGIMG_2687.JPG

Then it was just a rubber washer, fender washer, and a wing nut for the back IMG_2689.JPG

Hopefully it all stays together.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Finally got my emblem #13713. Which is crazy since I saw someone post their badge #5000 something in just March 2017! This community is growing fast.

So I went to Home Depot and spent a good 30 min in the hardware section brainstorming how to do this.
View attachment 67411
View attachment 67412

Here’s all the parts I got View attachment 67414

I found something called an elevator bolt (middle bottom of the picture above) which was perfect. A large flat head. It honestly would have probably been just fine by itself with a washer on the back but I wanted more to contact the 3m adhesive so I got some of these rubber washers View attachment 67413

Then I got a ring washer to push on the rubber washer but not the elevator bolt because the elevator bolt has a slight taper on the underhead View attachment 67415

Then I went a little overkill. I put fender washer so there would be pressure on the large ring washer and the bolt. And then I wanted only rubber to contact the grill View attachment 67416View attachment 67417

Then it was just a rubber washer, fender washer, and a wing nut for the back View attachment 67418

Hopefully it all stays together.
Love this idea! Might need to move mine now. [emoji16]

Thanks for the pics too.

Reactions: Fredward1

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

I've purchased my emblem couple of days ago and trying to decide where to install mine once I receive it. I have Jeep Wrangler that comes with Trail Rated badge on the driver side fender. I know most people install their OB emblems exactly in that spot. I was thinking either installing mine on the passenger side fender or rear tail gate.
So where did you install yours? Let's see it!