Where did you install your OB emblem?

• HTML tutorial

Suspension Tuna

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Ana, Ca.
Member #

Slightly different take on this question: I want to attach one of mine to a magnet so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. But they're nice and heavy. Anyone done this? Got a favorite magnet that is thin and powerful? Maybe this should be its own topic because few might see it buried on page 35. ;)

DE

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Slightly different take on this question: I want to attach one of mine to a magnet so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. But they're nice and heavy. Anyone done this? Got a favorite magnet that is thin and powerful? Maybe this should be its own topic because few might see it buried on page 35. ;)

DE
find a rare earth magnet of the same diameter, maybe? Should work!

RossBuilt Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salem, Virginia
Member #

DE
If you go to a craft store like Michaels or AC Moore, (or Amazon of course) you should be able to find some neodymium magnets. They're very powerful for their size and come in handy for all sorts of things. I would say they're your best bet. Great idea by the way. Let me know how it turns out.

Reactions: zachary

RossBuilt Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salem, Virginia
Member #

IMG_2842.JPG I intended to mount mine just forward of my front doors on my fenders. When I test fit the emblems with the backing still on, I realized that the fender didn't have a spot that was truly flat and the emblem didn't contact metal all the way around. I was afraid of dirt, pine needles and trail debris getting stuck in behind the emblem, so I tried them under my wing mirrors with the same issue. No flat spot. I ended up mounting them on my rear doors, just forward of my C-pillars.