Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Excellent question! Most grill badge holders are a full inch larger and looks funky if you get one and then slap it on. But if you have $10ish bucks and a dremel.. you can make it!

And volla! Position and stick badge on your new and impromptu overland bound grill badge holder! (make sure to wipe down surface with rubbing alcohol to remove debris from grinding)
View attachment 32675

Let me know if you have any additional questions!
@REaboutBlank ,

That’s a killer way to mount the emblem! Thanks for sharing.

- Tyler

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Has anybody blacked their emblem out? I have all black trim and was looking to paint mine to match, but wanted to see if anybody has done it before.

Thanks for the info!

- Tyler

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Has anybody blacked their emblem out? I have all black trim and was looking to paint mine to match, but wanted to see if anybody has done it before.

Thanks for the info!

- Tyler
Plasti dip the emblem. Then if you get tired of it you can peel it off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: TRT87

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Only thing is your member number may be covered up. Maybe there's a way to figure out how to evenly peel off the Plasti Dip just around your member number. I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app
@Cully74,

I was thinking the same thing, but if I use black paint then I should be able to have the number engraved in. Or, if I want to be real fancy, I could have it airbrushed on.

Thanks!

- Tyler

Reactions: Cully74

Ulysses

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Tannum Sands - Boyne Island, Queensland, Australia
First Name
carl
Last Name
tunstall
Member #

As a newbie I am eagerly awaiting my new OB emblem my thoughts turn to where should I put it on the truck....you know life is good when these are the things that occupy my mind :tonguewink:
There's some great ideas here folk thanks - Will post photo when it arrives and it has a home.

- Ulysses