What's your Multi-Tool?

• HTML tutorial

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

My multi tool is also my daily work tool in theater, I started with a Letherman Rebar but wanted something a bit heavier duty so I got a Victorinox SwissTool. Great tool, and every person who has used it has been impressed with its quality, I highly recommend it.

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

I carry a leatherman wave as well. Had it for years and use it in ways not intended...lol Had to send it in a year ago after I broke the file, saw, and bent the pliers. No questions asked they sent me a new one. they did not ask for a receipt or anything. Customer service was top notch.

Reactions: Lead K9

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
I always have in the vehicle and Swiss Tool X or Spirit X. I know there is a lot of love for leatherman and Gerber but since I got the Victorinox version of a plier based multi tool the quality is by far the best.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
While I'm more of a knife guy, I do carry a Leatherman Rebar. It's compact but has what I need. Keeps me from coming off the ladder and running to the work truck for certain tools. It has paid for itself numerous times. However, I will always carry my Gerber assisted open regardless if the Leatherman is on my hip or not.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

I have a Leatherman Skeletool. Like @jimiwebb if I lost it, I would buy another immediately. I was actually thinking about buying a spare to keep on the shelf for when I break one and send it back. I think I'm actually on my 4th one. I know I've broken the pliers one and the hinge pin for the blade, but can't remember why it went back the other two times. I'm hard on them, but they have a 25 year warranty, repairs/replacements are free, and the turn-around time is very reasonable. It's a straight and serrated knife, a screwdriver with 4 different screwdriver bits, a bottle opener, needle nose pliers, standard pliers, and can cut and strip wire. You wouldn't want to work all day with any of the tools. Overall, it's not very comfortable or strong, but it does so much in such a small package that I find it perfect for my needs. It is used multiple times each day. It has saved me thousands of trips back to my work van or out to the garage. It has easily been the best $45 I've ever spent.

Lewie

Rank 0

Contributor I

I've had a Leatherman wave for the last 10years you's it every day don't leave home without it. And I have a skeletool for when I have to send the wave back. I find the wave to be a lot stronger tool then the skeletool which I baby a bit more just to make shore I have less chance of brakeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I just picked up this "used" Leatherman PST circa late 1980s for $20 on FB. It's got some nice wear on the leather pouch, but the tool itself is immaculate.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Very cool! I still have mine too. The only complaint I have is the lack of locking knife blade. Otherwise, it is an excellent tool!

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Check Home Depot if you ever need to buy another. If I remember correctly, I think they have them between $25-30
I had to check that out, because what I paid was a screaming deal at the time. What I found is that Skeletool is a style of tools.

There's a pocket knife that's $25.

Then there's the multi-tool, which is what I have, that runs $60.