What's your Multi-Tool?

• HTML tutorial

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Leatherman MUT. Has just what I need, use it constantly, and love it.

I also keep an old Gerber in the arm rest of the truck that I probably have had for 15 years.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
It may be small but keeping it on my keys and out of my pockets means its always on me. Between CCW, cell phones and such i don't have nor want to fill anymore realestate on the best or pockets. I use a Leatherman Squirt PS4 and the thing has been ridiculously handy. The durability and quality of it continues to impress as well:

Also carry the Doohickey that @chrispartida mentioned as well, love it for opening boxes actually without dulling a knife blade.

Reactions: chrispartida

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Mine are Leatherman too... Had them many years. I have the Wave and the Crunch. I like the fact they have lifetime warranty although I've only need to test that once in about 15 years... moral of that story... don't lend them to your friends [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bordan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Auckland NZ
First Name
Boris
Last Name
Kostrencic
Member #

Leatherman Charge is my choice. Been with me for many years and is the most useful tool I have ever had. Used to carry the Swiss Army knife for a while but the Leatherman is definitely better.

Reactions: squishware

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
My Gerber has served me well for many years. But multi tools are a preference item. Sort of like Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevy, AR or AK, etc... Just pick what you like and run with it.

Reactions: Graeman

El Gigante Jake

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cleveland, OH
First Name
Jake
Last Name
H
Member #

I have an old leatherman that I bought as a teenager (was that really so long ago - ouch!), and I have a cheaper gerber that stays in the center console of the truck all the time.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

My Gerber has been in the console of my last 4 vehicles....There's nicer ones, more expensive ones, but it always just works.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I've had the same Leatherman since ~1994..

It lives in my work backpack now since I have full tool sets everywhere else. :p

20170605_125910.jpg

Reactions: Graeman

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

I have carried the gerber multi tool since they came out 20 some years ago. Christmas present from my dad. Its the model before they put blade locks on. I love it.